Saturday, June 21, 2008

What a day!

My Stampin' Up! demonstrator (and now a new stampin' friend) Betty, gave me lessons today. She showed me all kinds of neat techniques that I hope I can recreate at home, once I get the supplies I need. If not, I know her phone number, LOL. The demonstrations were peppered with hints and tips I know I'll use often. I made a pretty good list of must-haves for my next order, too.

Here's the card I made. We (Betty made one just like it only hers is a sympathy card) used Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, and Groovy Guava card stock, Afternoon Tea designer paper, Live Your Dreams stamp set, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, and Wild Wasabi Classic stamp pads, and Chocolate Chip SU marker. The sentiment is from the Sincere Salutations set. The ribbon is Chocolate Chip twill ribbon. You can't really tell it, but we used a Sakura glitter pen on the little butterfly and in the middle of the flowers. We also stamped a little flower from the set on the envelope to SONE (Stamp Out Naked Envelopes), LOL. I had a ball today and I'm hoping to get to some of her Girls Night Out get togethers. Thanks again, Betty, for a really enjoyable and educational day! (Oh, yeah, I'm hooked.)

3 comments:

  1. Barb-What a fun day! Look forward to doing it again! IMHO, you are a "born" stamper! Have fun with all your new goodies!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Sounds like you found a good demonstrator! Hang onto her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!