Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shabby Believe.

Not a card, but paper nonetheless :) I started with 4" resin letters from Michaels. I covered the front of each letter with a different shabby chic scrapbook paper design and then added diamond dust.

Details: I used a glue stick on the letters--just smeared it all over and then turned them face down on the back side of the paper. I then cut around the letter with an X-acto knife and smoothed the edges with a sanding block. Then I diluted Aileen's craft glue about half and half with water and brushed it all over the letter, except the back. Then I sprinkled diamond dust all over the glued surfaces. Let 'em dry and voila! All supplies are from Michaels except the diamond dust which is from A C Moore craft store.

This picture shows a close up. Can you see the sparkle? It's much more so in real life. These letters will go in my more-or-less Shabby Chic living room at Christmas with some pink-robed Old World-style Santas.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. You already know via CTTM that I love these letters. I wish I had the money to go get some letters for this Christmas. Its definitely on my to do list for next year. FABU!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!