Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fabulous pink flowers

Here's my card for the SCS color challenge # 189. This week's colors are Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, and Chocolate Chip. I just got the Fabulous Flowers set so I thought I'd try to use it. I used Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday # 31 sketch for my layout. When I'm stuck for layout ideas, this is the first place I go. For the focal image, I stamped the large flower image 5 times on Whisper White card stock--once in Kiwi Kiss and the rest in Pink Pirouette and cut them out in ever smaller sections. After I layered the sections up on dimensionals, I added some yellow faceted jewels for the center.

My base card is Choclate Chip with a layer of Pink Pirouette. The next layer is part Bella Rosa DSP and Kiwi Kiss. The next element is Bella Rosa DSP layered on Chocolate Chip card stock. Then I added a strip of another style of Bella Rosa DSP topped with a piece of Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon. The focal image was placed on top with dimensionals. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things Sassy Sayings set and is stamped on Whisper White card stock with Chocolate Chip ink and cut out with the small oval punch. It's layered on a piece of Chocolate Chip and cut out with the medium oval punch and attached with dimensionals. Three Fresh Mown Grass Dew Drops finish it off. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

Recipe: Stamps--Fabulous Flowers (SU!), Sassy Sayings (My Favorite Things); Paper--Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Bella Rosa DSP (SU!); Ink--Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss; Accessories (SU!)--Small and medium punches (SU!), faceted jewels (craft store), Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon (SU!), Dew Drops (Robin's Nest).

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! That big pink flower is gorgeous, and what a nice layout! I may have to check out the Mojo Monday sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!