Thursday, November 20, 2008

Colorful Thank You

This card is for the Color Throwdown challenge #20. Wow! I can't believe it's been twenty weeks since this challenge started. It's been lots of fun! This week's colors are: Sage Shadow, Ruby Red, More Mustard, and Elegant Eggplant. Quite a line-up!

My card base is Very Vanilla with a layer of More Mustard, the bottom edge of which I scalloped with a Martha Stewart border punch. I also added a few piercings above the points that are hard to see in the picture. I tied a dark purple ribbon (a dead-ringer for Elegant Eggplant) around that and added three gold-colored brads. The focal image is a stamp from A Little Bit Of Happiness (retired hostess set) that I stamped on water color paper and colored with my SU! markers and a blender pen, using all the colors of the challenge. It was matted with first Elegant Eggplant, then Ruby Red, then Sage Shadow and attached with dimensionals. I think this card will go into the stack I'm saving for a set for a Christmas gift. Think that's a good idea? Thanks for stopping by--and feel free to leave a comment if you're so inclined.

~Recipe~
Stamps: A Little Bit Of Happiness (retired SU! hostess set)
Paper: Water color paper, Sage Shadow, Ruby Red, More Mustard, Elegant Eggplant, and Very Vanilla (SU!)
Ink: Basic Black, Sage Shadow, Ruby Red, More Mustard, and Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: brads and ribbon (craft store), paper piercer/mat, Martha Stewart border punch

2 comments:

  1. Love this image, it's one of my favorite hostess sets! Great take on the challenge!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee! I LOVE that ribbon! Beautiful card, Barbara! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!