Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

This card is for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge 43. This is the first time I've done this challenge and I love this sketch. I'll be using it more, I'm sure.

You know, when you have a great layout and you have great paper, you can't mess up. Well, your chances are lessened, anyway, LOL. I really love this card. I think it's the vintage feel and I love the colors.

My base card is Bravo Burgundy with a layer of DP from Cosmo Cricket's Oh Joy collection called Frosty. I love this collection! I got it from Jacksonbelle Embellishments and every design in the collection is gorgeous! The focal element is first Bravo Burgundy, then Mellow Moss, then the focal image is stamped on Very Vanilla with Mellow Moss and this layer is sponged with Creamy Caramel (naturally). The snowflake stamp is from The Paper Studio's set called Snowflakes (as is the small snowflake, as well). Three burgundy brads accent this element. The next element is first Bravo Burgundy, then more DP, then Very Vanilla with the sentiment from Verve's Ornamental Christmas set in Bravo Burgundy. This is also sponged. The accent element is stamped on Very Vanilla, sponged, and layered on Mellow Moss. Each of the elements are up on dimensionals. I really love this card--it may be a keeper. Thanks for taking a look today!

~Recipe!
Stamps: Snowflakes (The Paper Studio), Ornamental Christmas (Verve)
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla (SU!), Oh Joy: Frosty (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Mellow Moss, Bravo Burgundy, Creamy Caramel (SU!)
Accessories: brads (craft store), Cuttlebug, small and large circle Nestabilities, sponge, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!