Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cherry Inspiration


This card is for SCS Inspiration Challenge #166--finding inspiration at hunkydoryhome. My choice was a cushion found here. It immediately reminded me of some Summer Picnic DSP I had in my stash, the Tart and Tangy stamp set, and Karen Lockhart's Cherries stamp. The stars were aligned in the heavens, LOL! I'm using TECC54 sketch for my layout.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Old Olive, Real Red, Bashful Blue, and Summer Picnic DSP with a piece of red and white polka dotted ribbon wrapped around for the first element. The focal image was stamped on Solar White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers (see below for colors used). It was then cut/embossed with a Labels One die and sponged lightly with Bashful Blue while still in the die. It was then matted with Real Red cut/embossed with a square die, and Old Olive, also done with a Labels One die, and is up on 3M foam squares. The accent element was stamped with the cherries from Tart and Tangy in Real Red and Old Olive . It's attached to the base (self-explanatory, I think) with bits of foam squares. This is the first time I've used this paper. Thanks to the IC for inspiring me to get it out and cut it up!

Thanks for dopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Tart and Tangy (SU!); Cherries (Lockhart Stamps)
Paper: Old Olive, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP (SU!)
Ink: Bashful Blue (SU!); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Labels One, circle, and square Nestabilities dies; 3M foam squares and ribbon, sponge (craft store)

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I love this little image--so sweet! Great job using that DP!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have to stop this or I'm going to end up having to order from Lockhart! This is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!