Thursday, February 12, 2009

Peacock Inspiration


This card is for the new Flourishes Focus Challenge. The challenge this time was to use a peacock feather for inspiration. Go check out the DT samples--they're awesome!

My base card is Very Vanilla with a layer of Old Olive and DP from K & Co. K-OLOGY 6 x 6 Addison paper pad. I got this at Michaels a few months back and decided to get more last week. You guessed it--not there. Lesson learned: if you like it, stock up on it, LOL! Anyway, the next element is Old Olive, Night Of Navy, and more DP. OK, You need to help me now. This is the orientation I intended:


















But, everyone who picks up the card turns it on it's side, like this:

Even with the bow's orientation and the tag hanging down, they turn it. Well, almost everyone. What do you think? Would you?

OK, moving on. I used my slot punch and made an opening for the ribbon and tied it on before attaching it to the card base with 3M foam squares. I stamped the focal image with the big flower from Fabulous Flowers with Taken With Teal and added some Old Olive in the center. I cut it out, mounted it on 3M foam squares, and glued three gold Dew Drops to the center. The sentiment tag was stamped on Very Vanilla with a sentiment from Fresh Cuts, cut with a Nestabilities tag die, sponged lightly with Old Olive, and tied on with some turquoise hemp.

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Fresh Cuts (SU!)
Paper: Old Olive, Taken With Teal, Night Of Navy, Very Vanilla (SU!); K-OLOGY 6 x 6 Addison paper pad (K & Co)
Ink: Old Olive, Taken With Tea; (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon, hemp, sponge (craft store); Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); Cuttlebug/Nestabilites tag die

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh, this is beautiful! Definitely as pretty as a peacock! (And I think it looks odd turned sideways, if you want to know! I think the people you're showing it to are crooked! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I vote for up & down---but either way it is gorgeous!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the way you colored your big flower. your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!