Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Flopsey's Flowers--Color Throwdown #38


It's another Color Throwdown day--#38!!! I have so much fun with these challenges! This week our hostess with the mostess is Broni Holcombe. Broni chose Basic Gray, Ruby Red, and Baja Breeze for her colors.


I must admit these colors were giving me some trouble until I remembered Flopsey!!! Flopsey saved the day!!! Three cheers for Flopsey! Don't you just LOVE him? Look at that sweet little face!!!

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, and Muirfield DSP. The next element is Basic Gray, Ruby Red, and Whisper White with the Posy backgrounder stamped in Ruby Red and on top of that is a strip of Basic Gray. The focal image is from MFTs newest Flopsey release, Flopsey's Flowers. I stamped it three times on Gina K Pure Luxury 80 lb paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored one entire image with Copic markers (see below) and only the flowers twice. I cut the flowers out and layered one on Flopsey's bouquet and added one to the Basic Gray strip, both of them popped up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment is from MFT Sassy Sayings and was stamped on Whisper White with Ruby Red, punched out with a 1" punch and layered on a 1 3/8" Basic Gray punch out. Three pewter brads accent the lower edge.

C'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD38 so we can see your beauty all in one place. And if you play, you *could* be picked as our Featured Stamper and a guest designer! Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy

Our Guest Designer for April is Mandy Sarver of My Paper Playground. Check out Mandy's card and show her some love!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Flopsey's Flowers, Sassy Sayings (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Ruby Red, Muirfield DSP (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ruby Red (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares (craft store); brads (Making Memories); 1" and 1 3/8" punches (SU!); Copic markers

7 comments:

  1. LOL Yay, for Flopsey! This card is too-too cute! I love the flowers in Flopsey's arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love that Posy BG stamp---works well with lots of things, although I don't have it, I wish I did! Flopsey is such a sweetie!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so cute! Great image for this color combo! I love all the popped up flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, Flopsey is adorable! I love his popped up flowers and that awesome layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fab card, I love the design and the way you have used the colours luv sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!