Thursday, April 30, 2009

Simply Fabulous--Sketches! {by Tamara} #93


Thanks to all of my supporters I'm still in the MFT Idol competition!! We'll get our new challenge later today and there's no telling what it'll be--those girls are cooking up something tough for us, I'm sure! Next Tuesday we'll do the voting thing all over again and the competition will be brutal!

It's Thursday so it's time for another Sketches! {by Tamara} Sketch Challenge--#93. Here's the sketch:


My base card is Whisper White with layers of Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, and DP from the Letters From Paradise by Black Market Paper Society. I love it when you can get DP to work for you like this, don't you?!!! The second element is Basic Black with the edges punched with my favorite Martha Stewart border punch and a strip of DP. The sentiment--and focal image--uses a stamp from Verve's Beautiful Kindness set, stamped on Whisper White with Basic Black. It was cut/embossed with a Labels Four die, matted with Kiwi Kiss and Basic Black, and popped up on 3M foam squares. A few black jewels finish it off!

Don't forget to check out the sketch at the Sketches! {by Tamara} blog and give it a try--we'd love to see what you come up with!

And be sure to check out the other team members' cards:
Alexandra--California Stampin'
Becky--Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun, Fun, Fun
Carol--Carol's Paperplayce
Jo--Here I Go Again
Krista--Krista be cardin'
Marley--Marley Blog
Olena--From My Hands...To Your Heart
Riley--Stampin' and Dancin' With Riley
Suzanne--Stamp In Style and Cut It Cute
Sylvia--Sylvia's Stamping Place
Tricia--Tricia's Treasures

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Beautiful Kindness (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss (SU!); Letters From Paradise 6 x 6 pad (Black Market Paper Society)
Ink: Basic Black (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities;3M foam squares (craft store); jewels (Hero Arts); border punch (Martha Stewart)

6 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats, Barbara!! And I LOVE that beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Love it! Congrats, Barbara. ~Olena~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Colours and I love those Roses.

    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderfully rich looking card -- I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! What a fantastic card! Your sentiment says it: 'Simply fabulous'! :-)))
    {love} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the green and black together, and I love the pretty borders along the edge of the green strip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!