Thursday, May 14, 2009

Birthday Wishes--Sketches! {by Tamara} #95


It's Thursday again! That means it's time for another Sketches! {by Tamara} challenge. We're now at Challenge #95! Here's the sketch...



And here's my take on it. Don't you just love this new Wisteria paper from Basic Gray!? I sure do and I didn't want to cover a lot of it up. My base card is Whisper White with layers of Elegant Eggplant and the DP, with a bow tied around with my favorite purple ribbon. The focal image uses stamps from PTI's Life set and was stamped on Whisper White. I used my Stampin' Write markers and colored on the stamp, misted, and stamped on paper. It was matted with Elegant Eggplant and popped up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White with a stamp from the PTI's Mega Mixed Messages set in Elegant Eggplant, cut/embossed with a Spellbinder tag die, and pinned on with a mini pin by Tim Holtz. Isn't it the cutest little thing?! Three antique brass brads in the upper left corner balance things out.

Don't forget to check out the sketch at the Sketches! {by Tamara} blog and give it a try--we'd love to see what you come up with!

And be sure to check out the other team members' cards:
Alexandra--California Stampin'
Becky--Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun, Fun, Fun
Carol--Carol's Paperplayce
Jo--Here I Go Again
Krista--Krista be cardin'
Marley--Marley Blog
Olena--From My Hands...To Your Heart
Riley--Stampin' and Dancin' With Riley
Suzanne--Stamp In Style and Cut It Cute
Sylvia--Sylvia's Stamping Place
Tricia--Tricia's Treasures

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Life, Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant (SU!); Wisteria 6 x 6 pad (Basic Gray)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant stamp pad, Elegant Eggplant, Pale Plum, and Certainly Celery markers (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Spellbinders tag die; 3M foam squares, ribbon, brads (craft store), mini pin (Tim Holtz)

5 comments:

  1. So pretty Barbara, wonderful dp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn you! That Wisteria IS gorgeous, and one I don't have yet....my bin is getting full and I need to use up some of my DP!!! This is beautiful and it goes with this paper perfectly....as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, what a beauty! I KNEW I loved those colors! LOL (Buy it, LeAnne... BUY IT!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Barb! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!