Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Favorite Challenge #4


There're some great challenges goin' on over at the My Favorite Things Forum on Splitcoast. Every Thursday there's a new sketch and a new My Favorite Challenge. Here's this week's thread where we chat and you can post your entry. Play along and you might win a prize :)

My Favorite Challenge this week is to make a gift card holder. Well, let me tell you I feel so virtuous--I recycled a little metal gift card holder that I received some time back. I kept it thinking it might come in handy and it did!

My focal image is from My Favorite Things' You Take the Cake. It was stamped on a Perfect Paper Panel, paper pieced and colored with Copic markers and matted with Creative Memories' Caribbean Blue and Basic Black. For the holder itself, I wrapped some matching ribbon around the lip of the top and ran more around to serve as a tie. The top was covered with Basic Black, Caribbean Blue, and DP from the Black Orchid 8 x 8 pad by SEI. Some Prima flowers with a button center and some little black jewels finish it off. I love the way this little recycled gift card holder turned out. Hope you do too!

I'm so glad you dropped in today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: You Take the Cake (MFT)
Paper: Basic Black (SU!); Caribbean Blue (Creative Memories); Black Orchid (SEI); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: 3M foam squares, jewels, ribbon, Perle cotton (craft store); Prima flowers; Copic markers; button (stash)

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...