Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stamp Simply--I'm Baaaaaack!


Remember how I boo-hoo'ed when I posted my last card as the May Guest Designer for the Stamp Simply challenges? Well, I'm elated to tell you that I've joined the team full-time!!! Yes!! Imagine my surprise--and delight--at being asked! What an honor this is!!!! I love Sharon's challenges and look forward to now participating as a member of the Stamp Simply team! My boo hoo has turned into WOO HOO!!! AND, another recent quest designer, Jenny Gropp, is also joining the team!

OK, now that that's over, LOL, on to this week's challenge. Sharon has challenged us TWICE this week! First, to use blue and green predominantly, and, second, to use paper piercing. Here it is in her words:

Today's challenge is two-fold -- a color challenge and simple technique. COLORS -- grassy green and sky blue. I've always loved blue and green together. You MAY add other colors, just make sure you get in plenty of the greens and blues. SIMPLE TECHNIQUE - PIERCE. I seem to have gotten away from piercing of late, but I LOVE to do it -- so I'm hoping this challenge gets me back into piercing mode!!! Can't wait to see what you all do!

Well, I'm a huge fan of blue and green together, too, AND paper piercing, so I *really* love this challenge! My card is all blue and green except for the Whisper White on which the sentiment--and focal image--is stamped. And, I just got a new Ornare corner piercing template from Joan's Gardens and decided this would be the perfect time to break it out! I love it!! I also got the Ornare piercing tool and I love it! It's hard to describe, but it just works so much better than the craft store tool I'd been using. I love it! It's super sharp, glides super easily through the paper, and made all of my holes uniform. Did I mention I love it? ;-) I think this card is pretty self-explanatory except let me point this out: the green frame around the sentiment really *is* a frame, cut/embossed with two sizes of the Labels Four set and the sentiment layer is actually *behind* it.

Come along and play with us and take the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave a comment on Sharon's blog telling her where you uploaded. Please use the keyword ssnotime93 if you upload to a public forum. Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team:

Sabrina - June Guest Designer

Julie Koerber

Jennifer Buck

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

I'm so glad you dropped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Timeless Quotes (Flourishes)
Paper:Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke (SU!); Mellow (Basic Grey)
Ink: Always Artichoke (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); Dew Drops; Ornare corner template, piercing tool

16 comments:

  1. First, let me welcome you to Sharon's Gang! Second, let me tell you how much I love this card! The sentiment is heart-felt and I love the way you turned the direction of the Spellbinders Die! I'm gonna get to know you, kiddo! I enjoyed my blog visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Barbara.. I love the way you made the sentiment your centerpiece! Love the layers the ribbon and the decorative piercing -- just lovely! Congrats on being a permanent fixture on the SS team! We'll have more fun together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Barbara, I love it. Your corner piercing is just lovely. I could have cried today -- I have many of those templates from Joan as well and can NOT find the box they are all in -- but I KNOW I have them -- somewhere!!! LOL!!! Great project -- just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, your card is beautiful!
    I love the way you used the Ornare Corners. You really show them off.

    Congratulations on your new "position"! Oh what fun you will have with this group!

    Thanks for the nice "plug" too!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love your piercing... Have a great weekend and welcome to the Stamp Simply train!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all ... CONGRATS on becoming a full time member of this awesome team ... I'm so jealous!! LOL!! You are deserving of this honor and I look forward to seeing your creations weekly!!
    This week's card is nothing short of gorgeous!! Love the layout you chose and that dp is perfect! Thanks for inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous! Love all of the detail, and beautiful verse!
    Welcome and so happy to have you on full time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Barbara! You're a great addition to Sharon's permanent team, and I look forward to seeing your beautiful Stamp Simply creations each week! Off to check where I can get more Ornare templates -- I only have a border one, but those corners sure look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and the piercing is a stunning addition to an already beautiful card. Congrats on your becoming a team member. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Barbara. I love the piercing on the sides and congrats on the staying with the team. Your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, now I'm mad! Why didn't I think to use a piercing template??? Those are so neglected in my stamping, too! This is GORGEOUS, Bar! As always!!! I'm so psyched to have you on the Stamp Simply team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, congratulations for becoming a full-time designer to the Stamp Simply team! It's a well deserved honor :)
    Your card is gorgeous and I LOVE the added piercing. Why am I suddently thinking I need one of those Ornare templates?!?!?! :)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, look at that snazzy banner! Congrats on being chosen for the team! You deserve it and you'll have fun with everyone! Beautiful card, I just love your choice of DP and soft colors! The piercing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Barbara, i need to go pull out my Ornare stencils --- the corners on your card are so pretty -- the perfect touch with your sentiment.....thrilled to be a newbie with you on Sharon's team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is bee-you-tee-ful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...