Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Birthday Peaches

I think this is the very first time I've done the Weekend Sketch Challenge. Just never has been enough time, but this sweet little sketch really got my attention and I made time to do it. This week's challenge was hosted by Laurie Schmidlin.

The focal image is a Karen Lockhart stamp called, well, Peaches, LOL. Peaches will be coming in here soon so I thought it was time to get this one out and dusted off. What a cute image this is--as are all Lockhart stamps. It was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Pure Luxury 80 lb paper by Gina K, and colored with Copic markers. Then cut/embossed with a classic oval Nestabilities die, matted, and popped up on 3M foam squares. My patterned paper is from the Nana's Kitchen mat stack by DCWV and my card stock is Wild Wasabi and Really Rust, along with a Whisper White base. The sentiment is from PTI's Mixed Messages set, stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White, cut out with a Spellbinder's tag die, and tied on with Perle cotton. Some ribbon and some buttons and that's that!

I'm so glad you dropped in today! Be sure to come back tomorrow for the Color Throwdown Challenge!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Peaches (Karen Lockhart)
Paper: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Really Rust (SU!); Nana's Kitchen (DCWV); Pure Luxury 80lb (Gina K.)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Spellbinders dies; 3M foam squares, Perle cotton (craft store); ribbon (SU!); buttons (stash); Copic markers

5 comments:

  1. Hi Barb,
    This card is absolutely beautiful. I love your work. I am so proud to be living in Martinsville...the city where all these creations are blooming from. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderfully blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your coloring. Lockhart stamps are high on my list of favs, and your paper works perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been fond of Wild Wasabi but it looks fabulous here with the DCWV paper! Gorgeous image, too! I'm anxious for peaches to be ready... I've got cobbler on the brain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM-MEEE!!! I love this little image and your coloring is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, this is stunning! Every choice you made .. papers .. colors .. stamps, came together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!