Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Color Throwdown #49

It's another Color Throwdown day and Tammy is bringing us a blast from the past with the colors she chose! I totally love these retired In Colors: Groovy Guava and Soft Sky. And you can't go wrong adding Chocolate Chip, can you?

For my card I decided to use a new stamp--Vintage Apron, by Karen Lockhart. It begs to be paper pieced, so that's what I did. I'm using the also-retired Afternoon Tea DSP along with the challenge colors for card stock. And I did a little coloring with Copic markers. It's a homespun-ny (is that a word, LOL?) type of stamp so I carried that theme throughout with stitching, buttons, some Soft Sky double stitched ribbon, and distressing with Ranger Distress Ink in Antique Linen. I love how this turned out. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Mega Mixed Messages. All stamping was done on Gina K Pure Luxury 80 lb paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink.









C'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use Mr. Linky to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD49 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Juliana Swanson/July Guest Designer - Stampin' With Inky Fingers

I'm so glad you dropped in today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Vintage Apron (Lockhart); Mega Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Afternoon Tea DSP (SU!); Pure Luxury 80 lb paper (Gina K)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: 3M foam squares, Perle cotton (craft store); ribbon, oval and large oval punches (SU!); Copic markers; buttons (stash); sewing machine

12 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous card Barbara...lovely colors...just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking to post for the blog hop. But as always I LOVE YOUR CREATIVE STYLE on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Barbara! I love the paper-pieced apron and the button/ribbon treatment! Your stitching is great too!

    (By the way, I really do like the new look of your blog! The banner is so cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very LOVELY!!
    I love that paper piecing!! Perfect papers for this image!

    Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Barbara. Great colors and I like this image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is soooo pretty!!! Love the colors and the paper-piecing! Definitely a homespun looking card! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, Barbara. Great color combo and I love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vintage look of this apron - it reminds me of my grandmom, who always wore aprons when I was a child! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! Oh my word, that dress is just PERFECT with that pattern from the Afternoon Tea DP...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, I LOVE this apron with the paper piecing!!! Gorgeous card! (And I wasn't even thinking of the Afternoon Tea paper when I picked these colors, but it sure worked out perfectly!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card! Love your button and ribbon treatment! Great blog makeover too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...