Saturday, September 12, 2009

Best Witches--Crazy4Challenges #2

Are you ready for another Crazy4Challenges challenge?! Today we have another rockin' sketch by Cindy Haffner, this month's hostess.

This was a totally fun card to make--and so easy!!! I love it--two minimally or no stamping cards in two days! I got this set of Crafty Secrets Halloween Journal Notes several weeks ago from Sharon Johnson's store and thought it was time to bring it out. These witches just crack me up!!! The neutral tones sort of dictated my color scheme to an extent, but I added Rich Razzleberry to spice it up a bit. I cut out the image and distressed the edges a bit before matting it with Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, and Sahara Sand. The base card mechanics should be pretty easy to figure out. The sentiment is from the same Journal Note, and as you can see, the lines for writing start right under it. So I decided to incorporate them as a guide for my Dew Drop accent. I cut the sentiment out with a Nestabilities Petite Oval die and matted it with a scalloped Rich Razzleberry layer. Ribbon is from My Favorite Thing's Royalty Collection Ribbon Nest. I love how this card turned out and hope you do too! It was so easy--I'll be using more of these Journal Notes!

NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of the Crazy4Challenges team!

Cindy Haffner
Frances Byrne
Jessica Diedrich
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Joycelyn Turner
Lori Boyd
Lynda Benden
Mercy Kerin
Robin Willis
Vicki Garrett

THEN, we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the sketch and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy4Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project, and not your blog. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C2.

I'm so glad you dropped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: None
Paper: Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand (SU!); Halloween mat stack (Recollections)
Ink: None
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares (craft store); Dew Drops; Royalty Ribbon Nest (MFT); Halloween Journal Notes (Crafty Secrets)


15 comments:

  1. fabulous Barb, loving those witches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. might have been a simple one to make, but it packs a punch....those witches make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Barb, you ricked the sketch, love those witches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh barb - this is a fun take on the Sketch!!! Totally awesome halloween card!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome is that main image!!! This ROCKS, Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS!!! This is just too stinkin' cute! I love this, it just makes me crack up!!! I will have to check them out on Sharon's store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaack!!! I LOVE those witches, Barb, and I love how the Razzleberry matting makes everything pop! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is AWESOME! They crack me up, too... and they look awfully familiar! LOL LOVE the pop of Razzleberry with the neutral colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those witches look like they're having a fun time! What a great card this is, Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your extremely interesting card. I have seen those stamps that look like photographs! Very very cool

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is AWESOME Barb!!! I LOVE that image ~ reminds me of my family reunion!!! LOLOLOL!!! The papers are perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. barb...this is so cute! so original! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you took a rather spooky image and made it elegant!! Super job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGOSH how cute is this card?!? LOVE those witches and the dewdrops are the perfect embellie to finish it off-so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...