Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy Fall--Crazy 4 Challenges #3

It's Crazy 4 Challenges time again!!! And we have another rockin' sketch for you from Cindy Haffner. We are thrilled with the response and participation we've gotten--thanks for playing along with us!!

This is such a fun sketch--I know I'll be using this one again and again!!! I decided to make a fall card for this challenge, so I brought out my First Fruits set from PTI. I never got it inked up last year, so it was top priority for this year :)

I inked the wheat image with Really Rust and Close To Cocoa and stamped it on Very Vanilla. Then I stamped the little twine image twice, once with the main image and once to cut out, then popped that one up on a 3M foam square and added a real twine bow. Patterned paper is from the First Fruits collection by PTI and card stock is Chocolate Chip and Really Rust. I did some distressing on each element, both with Tea Dye Ranger Distress Ink and a sanding block, then stitched around. The small brown buttons are Vintage buttons from PTI and the tan one was from my stash, all tied on with twine from PTI. The sentiment was stamped on Very Vanilla with Close To Cocoa and is from the Autumn Tags set by PTI, cut/embossed with a Spellbinders tag die, and tied on with PTI's twine.

NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of the Crazy4Challenges team!

Cindy Haffner
Frances Byrne
Jessica Diedrich
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Joycelyn Turner
Lori Boyd
Lynda Benden
Mercy Kerin
Robin Willis
Vicki Garrett

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the sketch and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy4Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project, and not your blog. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C3.

I'm so glad you dropped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: First Fruits, (PTI)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Very Vanilla (SU!); First Fruits (PTI)
Ink: Really Rust, Close To Cocoa (SU!); Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Spellbinders tag die; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); twine, Vintage buttons (PTI)


24 comments:

  1. This is just amazingly elegant. I love the colours and the paper. It's so rich but not overdone. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bar this is gorgeous, wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so tempted to get this set from PTI and after seeing what you've done with it...wow! This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So BEAUTIFUL!!! This is really stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!!! Love this PTI set!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Barbara! I fell in love with this card as soon as I laid eyes on it! This is just STUNNING!! So elegant and crisp. Love the rounded corners of the main card, your perfectly tied ribbon bow, the hemp bow you added to the wheat (great touch!!) and the flawless stitching. Every detail down to those adorable buttons with the hemp twine are just perfect! Hope to play along today or tomorrow :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has got to be one of your finest evah!! WOW! I just LOVE everything about this stunning card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so rich, beautiful and elegant!!! Love the ribbon as well!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Barbara! I love this image and how the paper matches! The curved edges really make it special!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara,
    This card is absolutely gorgeous. Tried to case it as best I could! Thanks for sharing it...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful fall card! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh Barb, this is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the colors, the rounded edges and your little bow is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. barbara...this is so amazing! elegant and classy...great colors, adn that ribbon is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a BEAUTIFUL card!! I love the image, the colors, everything about it. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a BEAUTIFUL card!! I love the image, the colors, everything about it. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is beautiful! Another great sketch! I have to keep this one in mind! Love it Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card! So soft and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, this is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the rounded corners on the card base. This is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Barb -- this is hands down so awesome -- I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...