Tuesday, September 22, 2009

An oldie but goodie

We've been waxing sentimental over at the My Favorite Things' Company Forum on SCS and bringing out some older stamp sets. This week's challenge is to make a card with one of your first MFT stamps. This Annie LaPoint Peppermint stamp was in my very first order. I loved it then and I love it now.

I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored it with Copic markers. Then I cut/embossed it with a Classic Oval Nestabilities die and ink distressed the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink. The patterned paper is from DCWV Latte mat pack, card stock is Certainly Celery and Perfect Plum. I think the card construction is pretty self-explanatory. I punched two holes in the main image for the ribbon, and added two Vintage collection buttons from PTI, tied on with their twine. Simple but nice, I think.

Now, we'd love to see your creations with your first set from MFT. Get the deets at the forum and join us in the blast from the past!

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Peppermint (Annie LaPoint for MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery (SU!); Latte mat stack (DCWV); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); Copic markers; Vintage Buttons, twine (PTI)


4 comments:

  1. This is so very pretty. My first MFT stamp was an Annie LaPoint also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Some of my older sets are still a fav, so I understand completely. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always liked these stamps---glad you dusted this off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *thud* (that was my jaw!) This is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the combination of colors, and the layout! Now you make me want to dust off my Annie LaPoint images, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...