Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Purr-fect Gift--My Favorite Things' Sketch Challenge #100!!!

OMGosh!!! Can you believe this is My Favorite Things' Sketch Challenge #100!!?? Wowza! And what a great sketch it is!!! You can find out all the details at MFT Member Company Forum on SCS. This was a super fun card to make. I decided that I'd really better get a move on making Christmas cards, so here's another one.

For this card I chose an older set: Peppermint Cats. Again going with non-traditional colors, I broke out my new Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly Mini Deck. I've been itching to use these papers 'cause they're so stinkin' cute! I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers. I used some Stickles on the stars, some Liquid Applique for the Santa hat fur, and paper pieced the bottom part. I matted the image on a layer cut/embossed with a Nestabilities Label Four die, sponged the edges and popped it up on 3M foam squares. I used a snowflake border punch for the second element (although it's mostly covered up!), some lace for the horizontal elements, and buttons from my stash and PTI twine for the top accents. Lots of distressing--both ink and sanding--on just about all of the elements. I tried to make the sentiment element look like a gift box. Did it work?

We'd love for you to come play along with us. Head on over to the forum and join in the fun--there's a prize for some lucky someone :)

Thanks for dropping in today!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Peppermint Cats (MFT)

Paper:
Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow, Ruby Red (SU!); Jolly by Golly Mini Deck (Cosmo Cricket; Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)

Accessories:
Cuttlebug/Labels Four Nestabilities die, Square die; 3M foam squares, lace, ribbon (craft store); buttons; twine (PTI); border punch (Martha Stewart)


6 comments:

  1. I love how you colored their tails! Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOOO Adorable!!! I LOVE this set...awesome colors...fabulous job on the sketch (100!!! how cool!)
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb I so love this,the papers, the button, such eye-candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable with the Jolly papers, and love the image stamped on the Labels 4 Nestie! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love me some kitty cats -- and these are way CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...