Saturday, September 26, 2009

Seasons Greetings--Crazy 4 Challenges #4

Happy Saturday! It's time for a new Crazy 4 Challenges challenge. We have another of Cindy Haffner's wonderful sketches for you today:


It's a really fun sketch and so versatile, as you will see when you check out the rest of the DT samples. I chose to do minimal stamping for my card and let the DP do the work--I love it when it works out that way! The mechanics of this card are pretty obvious--but I'd like to point out that the bottom layer of Bravo Burgundy (here I go with more non-traditional Christmas colors!) was run through my Cuttlebug with my new Victorian embossing folder for a little interest. The patterned paper is from a mat stack I got last year by Me and My Big Ideas called Noel. I punched the corners with my Ticket Corner punch and added some flat back pearls to the base elements. The sentiment is from Fourishes' Holiday Greetings set, stamped on Whisper White with Bravo Burgundy ink and cut/embossed with a Nestabilities die. Then I went around the embossed edge with a Copic marker to match Mellow Moss and again right on the paper edge with a marker to match Bravo Burgundy. Some burgundy ribbon and more pearls complete the sketch. Simple but a bit elegant, I'm thinking. And easy. What a combination, right? Add another Christmas card to my stash :)

NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of the Crazy4Challenges team!

Cindy Haffner
Frances Byrne
Jessica Diedrich
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Joycelyn Turner
Lori Boyd
Lynda Benden
Mercy Kerin
Robin Willis
Vicki Garrett

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the sketch and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy4Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project, and not your blog. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C4.

Thanks for dropping in today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Holiday Greetings (Flourishes)
Paper: Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Bravo Burgundy (SU!); Noel mat stack (Me and My Big Ideas)
Ink: Bravo Burgundy (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities die/Victorian embossing folder; 3M foam squares, ribbon, flat back pearls (craft store); Copic markers; Ticket Corner punch (SU!)


14 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card - love the flourishes throughout and the pearl accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply GORGOEUS - Barbara!!! the pearls make it so very elegant too!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!! Very classy and elegant and I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. classy, elegant.....wonderful holiday creation

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Barbara! So rich and regal looking. Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful! I love the swirly design and great background. The colors are gorgeous too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so beautiful. Such creative Christmas card and gives such a soft peaceful feeling. Love it!! siles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Barb, this is so beautiful! It is so elegant and pretty! The pearls add the perfect extra touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very simple and pretty. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so very elegant Barbara! Just GOrgeous!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...