Saturday, September 05, 2009

Thinking of you--Crazy4Challenges #1!!!!!

Ready...set...go!!!!!!! It's finally time for the first fun challenge from Crazy4Challenges and I know you're gonna love it! We've been plannin' and plannin' and gettin' impatient--it's time to get this show on the road! This month's challenges will be hosted by the amazing Cindy Haffner--the Queen of Sketches--and she has a rockin' sketch lined up for us this week:

On the first challenge of each month we'll have a sponsor who will provide a prize for some lucky participant. You can get all the deets at the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This month our sponsor is Stampin' Bella, and I'm using daydreamabella on my card.

Summer's about gone and I wanted to use this luscious Lemonade paper from Basic Grey again, so that's the color scheme I went with. Bella is stamped on Pure Luxury 80lb paper by Gina K. Designs and colored with Copic markers--except for Bella's pants--I paper pieced them. Then I cut it out with a circle Nestabilities die and matted it with DP, cut/embossed with a larger die. Then the image element was popped up on 3M foam squares. The only card stock I used was Whisper White for the base--everything else is DP. The word balloon was originally oriented to the right, but that wouldn't work with the sketch, so I stamped it separately, cut it out, and popped it up on 3M foam squares. Kiwi Kiss ribbon, a crocheted flower (yep, another one of mine), and a PTI Vintage button in Aqua Mist tied on with Perle cotton complete the sketch!

NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of the Crazy4Challenges team--this awesome group is gonna' WOW you (still wondering what I'm doing here, but I'm not leaving ;-))!

Cindy Haffner
Frances Byrne
Jessica Diedrich
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Joycelyn Turner
Lori Boyd
Lynda Benden
Mercy Kerin
Robin Willis
Vicki Garrett

THEN, we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the sketch and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy4Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project, and not your blog. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C1.

I'm so glad you dropped by today for the maiden voyage of Crazy4Challenges--we're in for a wild ride!

~Recipe~
Stamps: daydreamabella (Stampin' Bella)
Paper: Whisper White (SU!), Lemonade 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey); Pure Luxury 80 lb paper (Gina K. Designs)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, Perle Cotton (craft store); Dew Drops; Copic markers; Aqua Mist vintage button (PTI); Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon (SU!)

14 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card!Great color combination and details

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, Barb...the flower/button detail is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful!! LOVE flowers, buttons, etc. so you know this is right up my alley! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. barb...this is fantabulous, lady! love that button and flower accent...perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb - you Bella card is beautiful!!! Wonderufl take ont eh sketch!!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this....love the out of the box sentiment...softened the circle.....great details

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barb I love your fun colors, thanks for rockin my sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, this is adorable. I love the image and the crocheted flower!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card!! I especially love the little crocheted flower and button combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh Barb, this is AWESOME!! The Bella image is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Barbara!! I love the color scheme you used and the image is so cute! I am with you on wondering what I am doing on the team....you all blow me outta the water with your work...but I'm not leaving either! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I agree... summer's coming to an end, must use up that Lemonade paper (or in my case, finally use some of it!) LOVE the flower and button! I gotta' have a friend teach me how to make those!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...