Sunday, September 20, 2009

With Thanks

Happy Sunday!!! Today I've got a card using the new Flourishes set Seasonal Wreaths. I love seasonal stuff so this caught my eye right away. I'm using Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #39, too. This was another fun sketch from Mercy...another one I'll be going back to again and again, I'm sure.

I stamped the sunflower wreath image on Ivory Pure Luxury 80 lb paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored it with Copic markers. Then I cut/embossed it with a Nestabilities Classic Circle die and matted it with a scalloped circle. Patterned paper is from the Earth Love Mini Deck by Cosmo Cricket and card stock is Soft Suede, Really Rust, and So Saffron. I distressed the edges of card stock with Old Photo Distress Ink and with a sanding block before stitching around the base card and the second element. The buttons are from PTI and tied on with Pearl cotton. The sentiment is from the same set, stamped in the same way as the main image and cut/embossed with a Spellbinders tag die. It was also ink distressed before being attached to the bow with a Making Memories Vintage Findings pin. Another fall card added to my stash!

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Seasonal Wreaths (Flourishes)
Paper: Soft Suede, Really Rust, and So Saffron (SU!); Earth Love Mini Deck (Cosmo Cricket); Ivory Pure Luxury 80 lb paper (Gina K. Designs)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Old Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Spellbinders dies; 3M foam squares, ribbon, Pearl cotton (craft store); Copic markers; Vintage Findings (Making Memories); Vintage buttons (PTI)


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Great fall coloring and I love this set too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. barbara...i wanna be you when i grow up! LOL! this is so gorgeous...love your ribbon/safety pin/sentiment element! i may have to steal that idea! ;)

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card and great sketch! I'll have to try that one out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...