Saturday, October 03, 2009

Crazy 4 Challenges #5--Vintage Funky...

...or Funky Vintage. Is there such a thing? If so, I've got it goin' on with this card. Actually, the more I look at them I think a case can be made for these being retro flowers, so I'm good ;-)

It's time for another Crazy 4 Challenges challenge! We're starting a new month and Vicki is our hostess. She's challenging us to use sewing on our cards. Well, I'm good with that, LOL. Any kind of sewing will do--machine sewing, faux sewing, or hand sewing--any kind will work, we're easy ;-)

I'm using the SCS sketch for this week--#248--for my layout and stamps from a My Favorite Things set called Spring Sprouts. Only I tried to make them look like Fall Flowers, LOL! I thought they'd go really well with this new Cosmo Cricket paper, Earth Love. I inked up the flowers with first Memento Rich Cocoa and then Memento London Fog to get a color that's very close to the color in the paper. Then I colored them with Copic markers. Card stock is SU! Soft Suede and Certainly Celery and PTI Melon Berry. I also did some distressing with my distressing tool and ink. Card construction is pretty obvious, I'm thinking. The button is from the MFT Chocolate Kiss collection and is tied on with PTI twine.

NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of the Crazy4Challenges team!

Cindy Haffner
Frances Byrne
Jessica Diedrich
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Joycelyn Turner
Lori Boyd
Lynda Benden
Mercy Kerin
Robin Willis
Vicki Garrett

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the sketch and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy4Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project, and not your blog. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C5.

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Spring Sprouts (MFT)
Paper: Soft Suede, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla (SU!); Melon Berry (PTI)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa and London Fog; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/square Nestabilities die/Spellbinders tag die; 3M foam squares (craft store); Copic markers; button (MFT); twine (PTI); distressing tool (Tim Holtz)



15 comments:

  1. Super Pretty Barbara!! And I LOVE the term "Funky Vintage"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Barbara, I love your card!!! The DP is delcious and your sewing fabby!

    Have a great weekend!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara - your card is beautiful!!! Love this layout and the sewing!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some fab sewing Barbara...wonderful work as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I love the colors and that is one of my favorite sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this Barb!!! It has such a wonderful shabby chic feel to it!! Your sewing is awesome, so straight and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice creation!
    elborgi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stitching on this interesting mix of patterns! I think I like funky vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. barbara...this is so cute! love the colors and the whimsical feel of this beauty! amazing job!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I think you nailed "funky vintage!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!