Saturday, December 19, 2009

Got Candy? Crazy 4 Challenges #16

Are you ready for another Crazy 4 Challenges challenge? Today Joanne is challenging us to make a treat container--something that comes in handy this time of the year.

For my treat container, I totally CASEd this cute little candy dispenser that I recently saw on Julee Tillman's blog. I fell in love with it and this challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to do one like it. It would make a perfect little gifty treat for co-workers, teachers, etc.

I made the box using paper from the American Crafts 8 x 8 pack called Merrymints. The top and bottom were cut/embossed with a Classic Square Scalloped Nestabilities die. I stamped the image and sentiment, both from My Favorite Thing's December Kit called I Want Candy, on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the image was colored with Copic markers and popped up on Pop Dots, then I tied a piece of Soft Sky double stitched ribbon around the box.

This little box was really easy and fun to do and most of the work is cutting it out. After that, it's a matter of a few strips of adhesive and embellishing.
NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of the Crazy 4 Challenges team!

Cindy Haffner
Frances Byrne
Jessica Diedrich
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Joycelyn Turner
Lori Boyd
Lynda Benden
Mercy Kerin
Robin Willis
Vicki Garrett

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the sketch and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project, and not your blog. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C16.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!

~Recipe~
Stamps: I want Candy (MFT)
Paper: Bravo Burgundy (SU!); Merrimints 8 x 8 pack (American Crafts); Perfect Paper Panel (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: brads (craft store); ribbon (SU!); Pop Dots; Copic markers


13 comments:

  1. this is fabulous...haven't seen this design before....also love your festive dp

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb, love your treat containers. PERFECT for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOODNESS, I'm in LOVE with this!!...that pull-out dispenser at the bottom is just SOOOOO flippin' cool! I gotta try making one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable, barb! i'm gonna have to try this one! thanks for the inspiration...great c4c sample!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fun Barb .... I actually downloaded this template a few days ago too .... you beat me to using it hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Gosh!!! This is the sweetest!!! Too easy to access those yummy candies!!!!

    Hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas Barbara~

    Hugs and Love

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now THIS is CLEVER!!!! What a cool little dispenser...and are those M&M's? YUMMY!!! Very cool project, Barb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - how cute and awesome is this!!! Totally love it... plus it's super yummy!!!

    Happy Holidays!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, that is CUTE!!!!!!!!!! What a great idea! Too late for me for Christmas now, but I'm totally gonna' check that out for some Valentine candy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Barbara, what a gorgeous box you have made!!! Just wonderful!
    I wish you a Merry Christmas!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooooooooh, what fun! Love the "Got Candy" on top too!

    ~Bev
    www.SavorTheJourney.blogs.SplitCoastStampers.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is darling Barb! What a great gift idea, SO creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I clicked over from an AmCrafts Twitter link and saw THIS!! Hey, that's my template design!! LOL!! I'm excited that you like it so much. Julee did a great job on her project and has inspired so many people to pick up the template for themselves! Your candy dispenser is gorgeous!! Congrats on the Twitter feature!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...