Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gratitude is the memory of the heart - Color Throwdown #73

[If you're looking for my My Favorite Things VIP Blog Hop project, please scroll down to the next post. Thanks!]

It's the last Color Throwdown of the year! Can you believe it? I sure can't! Our colors this week were chosen by my very talented friend, Tammy. She chose Always Artichoke, Cool Caribbean, Kiwi Kiss, and Real Red. Gorgeous colors together, that can be used for lots of different themes.

And, isn't my post title a gorgeous sentiment? I just LOVE it and will definitely be using it again and again for thank you cards. It's from a set called Act of Kindness by There She Goes, which is our sponsor this week. You can find out more about them at the Throwdown blog.

I stamped the sentiment on a Very Vanilla "tag" that I'd cut out with a Labels Four Nestabilities die and trimmed. No, this was not my original idea, LOL! I've seen it several places and it's a fabulous way to make a tag! Then I stamped the lovely flower under it and sponged the edges of the tag with Vintage Ink in Chamomile. I think the rest is pretty easy.

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use Mr. Linky to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD73 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Carol Longacre--Our Little Inspirations--December Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Act of Kindness (There She Goes)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Real Red, Cool Carribean (SU!); Sweet As Cherry Pie 6 x 6 pad (Webster's Pages)
Ink: Real Red, Always Artichoke (SU!); Vintage ink (PTI)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Labels Four Nestabilities (Spellbinder); ribbon (craft store); Ripe Avocado Vintagebutton and Rustic Twine (PTI); red button (MFT Summer Collection)


7 comments:

  1. LOVE this! OMW, that paper is wonderful!!! Very nice tag, too, I have NOT seen that idea, but will have to remember that next time!
    Have a happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen that tag idea before, but it's a great look! I LOVE how the cherries just pop off that paper! I had to take a closer look because I thought you'd cut them all out! LOL Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, LOVE how you made the tag! I will definitely have to try that! That bow is beautiful, and I agree... the sentiment is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Love LOOOOOOVE that paper!...Mmmmmm mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous--i agree that sentiment is so worth using over and over!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous too, Barbara. I adore that paper and your tag is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...