Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's an extra butter kind of day - My Favorite Things VIP

Do I ever have a surprise for you!!! My Favorite Things is releasing the January VIP kit a week earlier than ever before! Yes, three weeks before the official release, you can get your hot little hands on the new WTG set, called Chick Flick, plus lots of other goodies and be creating before anyone else can get it! How cool is that?!

Here's what's in the kit:
Chick Flick Set $17.95
Chick Flick Ribbon Nest $9.95

Chick Flick Baby Braddies $4.95

Popcorn Boxes (5) $1.65

PLUS
receive a FREE Clearly Sentimental About Chocolate stamp set that will be released on 1/6/10 (retail value $9)
VIP cost: $34.50

And to convince you you NEED this kit, we're having a blog hop to show you some fantastic ways to use it. If you didn't get here from Michele's blog, hop on back to Kim's, where it all begins and I'll see you back here in a bit.

OK, are you back? My project uses the pull treat usually associated with a candy bar--I just adjusted the size to fit a package of microwave popcorn. Here's the tutorial that I used for it on SCS. Won't this make the best little treat giftie!? Think teachers, co-workers--anyone that you want to give just a little somethin' somethin' but you want it to be special. This will surely do the trick!

The tutorial will tell you exactly how to make it--just adjust for whatever treat you want to use, though it will have to be something flat. For my version, I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel and colored it with Copic markers--with a little bit of paper piecing. I matted that totally fun popcorn paper with Basic Black, Real Red (SU!), and Lemon Tart (PTI) card stock, tied some red swiss dot ribbon around, and added the image and sentiment. The same ribbon works to pull the treat out of the "bag", too.


There are only 50 kits available and only for 24 hours, so scurry on over to My Favorite Things and scoop one up! Next up on the hop is the fabulously creative Jody, who will, I am sure, knock your socks off with her project!

Thanks for stopping by!!! I've had several requests to resume posting pictures of the Copic markers I use on a project, most recently this past Sunday, so here they are for this one. How's this, Kathy? :)


~Recipe~
Stamps:
Chick Flick (MFT)

Paper:
Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red (SU!); Lemon Tart (PTI); Yummy Popcorn (Paper Pizazz); Perfect Paper Panel (MFT)

Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:
Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Petite Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); 3M foam squares (craft store); black rhinestones (Hero Arts); ribbon (MFT); Copic markers


18 comments:

  1. GMTA Barb ... love your popcorn holder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! lovely project...great popcorn holder..love the popcorn paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how cute is this????!!! LOVE this idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of the popcorn holder! Great colors and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO dont get that tutorial! LOL

    LOVE the giftie idea though, perhaps ONE day it will click....

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, this is too cool. exactly what I was thinking with this set for a gifty! great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, Barbara -- what a perfect gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this popcorn treat bag!! You did great on this one! It would be perfect for me to try since my hubby brought home a brand new box of popcorn....right after I got home with one!!! :/ LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE!! I love the popcorn idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that paper is perfect for this project. love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a REALLY cute treat, Barbara! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a FUN idea for a popcorn bag!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! Love this Barbara!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...