Thursday, December 10, 2009

Let's go to the spa!

See this card? This would be me tomorrow :) Yep, I have a day at the spa scheduled as a reward for getting everything ready on time for my open house on Sunday. I have a facial, a massage, nails, pedicure, and hair cut/color scheduled and I can't wait! I did the same thing last year and it was a real treat--I think I'll make it a tradition ;-) I'm going to use this card for my nail tech's Christmas gift. The image is from My Favorite Things' Girl's Day In and doesn't WTG look like she's enjoying herself? I'm so looking forward to being in her place, LOL! This set is currently sold out but Kim tells me she has more on the way. So keep checking back--it usually doesn't take long to get sets back in stock. There are actually two WTG images in this set--the other one shows her getting a manicure. Too cute, is this set!

I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and mostly paper pieced it, with the small amount of coloring done with Copic markers. The patterned paper is from DCWV Whimsy Mat Stack. I think the rest is pretty self explanatory, if not shoot me an email if you have a question.

Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow is Stamp Simply day and Sharon's got a fabulous challenge for you--it's sure to help you knock out all the Christmas cards you still need to do!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Girls Day In (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom, Bashful Blue (SU!); Whimsy Mat Stack (DCWV; Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: ribbon, 3M foam squares, Pearl cotton (craft store); Vintage button (PTI); Copic markers


5 comments:

  1. What fun Barb, I love your paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun paper pieced creation!! Love all our paper piecing and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, enjoy your day! That sounds so heavenly and you deserve it after all the work you've put in to getting ready! Fabulous card... the nail tech will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL! I love your ribbon/button combo and the paper piecing is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, this is where I want to be...lucky you! But I know you put a lot of work into your Open House, so you deserve it! Fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...