Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Merry KISSmas - Color Throwdown #72

Mornin'! It's another Color Throwdown day and today the fabulous Broni chose the colors: Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink, Soft Sky, and Riding Hood Red, inspired by Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses paper.Today is also another sponsor day and I'm delighted that our sponsor is My Favorite Things. Which, of course, is My Favorite Stamp company, LOL! Get all the skinny about MFT at the Throwdown blog.

I chose to use a December release: Pure Innocence - Merry KISSmas for my card. These little Pure Innocence girls have just stolen my heart! Aren't they the cutest things!? After stamping the image on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I colored it with Copic markers and cut/embossed it with a Labels Four Nestabilities die. Before taking it out of the die, I colored the background a little around the die, leaving a bit of a white border, as well. For my large snowflake, I cut it out twice with a Sizzix die--once with Soft Sky and once with some chipboard for strength. Then I glued them together and covered them with Martha Stewart Glitter. The little girl's clothes and the snowman's hat and scarf are paper pieced and I added some Liquid Applique to the "fur". The snowman's buttons are black baby braddies and I added some Swarovski clear crystals to the mistletoe and (it's hard to see) a tiny one to dot the "i" on the sentiment tag. A snowflake border, a bow with a button and a small snowflake tied on finish it off. I love how it turned out.

As always, I appreciate you stopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Pure Innocence - Merry KISSmas (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Pretty In Pink, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky (SU!); Perfect Paper Panel (MFT); Eskimo Kisses 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Labels Four Nestabilities, Tags Trio (Spellbinders); 3M foam squares, Pearl cotton, ribbon, black tiny brads (craft store); Vintage button (PTI); border punch, snowflake punch, Blue Topaz glitter (Martha Stewart); large snowflake die (Sizzix); Tombow Mono-multi glue, Swarovski clear crystals (MFT); Copic markers; Liquid Applique


11 comments:

  1. WOW! You put such fabulous details all over this sweet card! I love the big snowflake and how it sparkles, but your paper piecing is amazing! All those crystals just make this card delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT combination of patterns on this, Barbara!! I LOVE that huge blue snowflake and your gorgeous ribbon treatment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly adorable, Bar! LOVE all the paper piecing you did, and that glittery chipboard is fabulous!!! (Glad you kept your finger off of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so cute....your embellishments are AWESOME, too! Love that blue glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb so so sweet, i love his hat and scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable image and coloring, and I'm totally LOVIN' that big glittery snowflake!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sparkly and cute! Very sweet little Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, BARBARA! You lovely thing.... this card is sooooo juicy, layered and wonderfully colored! Gosh, these are great colors and I LOVE how you've commanded them into this adorable little package! Terrific inspiration! Wahoooo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...