Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Favorite Things' Wednesday Stamp Club

Did you know about it? Get all the deets at the MFT Member Company Forum on SCS and play along each week--there's prizes to be won :)

This week we're working with Pure Innocence - Fairy Girl and a template that Kim created. It's free and you can find it here.

For my card, I printed the template on Very Vanilla card stock and cut it out. Then I traced another copy on a piece of Cosmo Cricket's Earth Love patterned paper and cut it out a bit smaller. After sponging the edges of both I added some ribbon and a button tied on with twine. Using Soft Suede, I cut the "stems" with a Labels Eight Nestabilities die and cut it in half.

I stamped the little fairy image on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and paper pieced her dress and colored the rest with Copic markers. I heat embossed her wings with some SU! Iridescent Ice embossing powder. For the little star, I cut/embossed it with the smallest Star Nestabilities die, heat embossed it with more Iridescent Ice, and then trimmed the embossed part off because it really was a little too large in scale, I thought. Lastly, I popped the little fairy and the mushroom images up on Pop Dots.

For the inside of the card, I cut two strips of another pattern and contoured the bottom to match the card base, then I sandwiched the stem inbetween. I then stamped the sentiment and it was done! I love this sweet little image and I love this little card.

So, whatcha waitin' for?! Come on and play with us in the Wednesday Stamping Club!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Pure Innocence - Fairy Girl (MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede (SU!); Earth Love (Cosmo Cricket 6 x 6 pad); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Versamark Marker
Accessories: Pop Dots, ribbon (craft store); button, twine (PTI); Iridescent Ice embossing powder (SU!); heat gun; Copic markers


5 comments:

  1. Oh Barb this is perfect, you rocked Kim challenge big time!!! I love it!! Happy Holidays!! Cindy xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TOO cute!!! LOVE her little paper-pieced dress, and the mushroom is fabulous! I can't wait to get time to play with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH! I LOVE this! That little Mushroom is TOO cute and your coloring/paper piecing on her is fantastic! This is one of my FAVE projects of yours EVAH! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO cute! I love the mushroom! Hugs from Morocco!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is SOOOOOOOOOOO adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...