Wednesday, January 06, 2010

My Favorite Things Teaser - Day Five

[If you're looking for my Color Throwdown card, please scroll down to the next post. Thanks!]

Hope you're liking all the goodness you've been seeing the last few days :) We're sure having fun showing you, LOL! Today My Favorite Things is sneaking peeks of the new Who's That Girl set: Chick Flick. You may have seen it back in December as the VIP offering. It's just fantastic!! AND, we also have sneaks of another set in the Clearly Sentimental Line: Clearly Sentimental About Emerson. I LOVE sentiments and this one has some fantastic ones!

First, for my Chick Flick project, I decided to make a little DVD tin giftie for a friend. She'll get a huge kick out of the sentiment ;-) I'm still trying to decide what movie to include--any suggestions?

I'm using Taylor's Sketch, flipped, for my layout. And I'm using my quickly dwindling supply of Chloe's Closet patterned paper. I've been hoarding it :) I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel and colored with Copic markers and paper pieced. I just can't seem to *not* paper piece WTG, LOL!

For the sentiment, I stamped two of the ticket images and cut off the full ticket part before stamping the sentiment on them, then popped them up on foam squares. I added Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon and a button from the Chloe's Closet collection tied on with twine.

For my Clearly Sentimental About Emerson card, I went simple--sort of ;-)

I love this sentiment, don't you? And I thought nothing would be better with it than some stars! First I made my stars--the patterned paper was made by stamping my In the Background stamp on Kraft paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink. The other layers were made with my star Nesties and layered. After I decided exactly where I wanted to put them, I added the jewel swirls, the center element, and then the stars, popped up on 3M foam squares. I cut the sentiment out with a Spellbinders label die and rounded the corners of the black layer with a corner rounder to match.

More of the same on the inside--with a different sentiment, but one which compliments the one on the front, I think.

I'm so glad you stopped by today! Don't forget to head on over to Kim's blog at about 11:00am EST today and see the line up of the DT members sneaking peeks of the new sets. I can't wait to see what they've got! And remember the festivities tomorrow night, January 6: 8-10pm EST release party at the Member Company Forum on SCS followed by Hop and Shop at 10:00pm EST. See you there!

~Chick Flick Recipe~
Stamps: Chick Flick (MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Dusty Durango, Blue Bayou (SU!); Chloe's Closet 6 x 6 pad (Making Memories); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dot embossing folder (Provocraft); Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinder); 3M foam squares (craft store); Copic markers; ribbon (SU!); Vintage twine (PTI); DVD tin (MFT)


~Clearly Sentimental Recipe~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Emerson, In the Background (MFT)
Paper: Basic Black (SU!); Kraft (PTI)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Star Nestabilities, Label Trio (Spellbinder); black crystal swirls (craft store); border punch (Martha Stewart)


20 comments:

  1. Very cute, and I love the Emerson one---stars are the best, and his quotes are great! I can't wait to see all the new sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever doing a DVD Tin Bar, and I love your Emerson card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bar, these are both FABULOUS! OMGosh, I don't know which one I like better! The tin is so clever and the paper-piecing you did is terrific! And LOVE the Emerson card! Simply, perfectly elegant and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your cards! The Chick Flick girl card is awesome! I love your color combo! And the Emerson cards ROCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I love all the denim colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you tin and what you did with the sentiment set! Love the Kraft and Black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bar, that chick flick tin is just PERFECT. I love LOVE the colors, and the rounded edges look so modern! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, both of these are fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects Barbara! I just love that Emerson set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH COOL!!!! I am finally able to CUT with my nesties LOL and that using two sizes for one image is NEAT!!!! And the backgound stamp looks SO cool!!! Love the beaded jigamabobbie too!!!

    Great job Barbara, feel guilty as you too are guilty of me being "Charged" the amount of purchase!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara, these cards are just gorgeous!! Love the layout of the girlfriend card...that couch almost looks like is seersucker!! Too cute! Your star card is spectacular! LOVE the colors, the layout and even the inside is super!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Bar! Love all the paper piecing with my favorite paper! The star card is really nice too-love the black gems!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stuff, I love both of these cards. Great job with the paper piecing of your chicks' shirts and that star card is super Fab. great color combos

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome projects, Barbara! You're a Chloe's Closet hoarder too? ;) So beautiful!! Your star card is amazing - so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning cards! I love the way you did the ticket sentiment and the layout is HOT. What a great gift idea that is! And the black on kraft of the second card is so classy--especially with that lovely bling. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both totally fantastic! I especially love that tin though...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I REALLY love how you colored and paper pieced these girls! It is SO beautiful! *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on making TESC Top Crops! The paper piecing is so precise! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!