Saturday, January 02, 2010

My Favorite Things Teaser - Day One!

[If you're looking for my Crazy 4 Challenges card, please scroll down to the next post. Thanks!]

Didja see the MFT design team line up for the next term yesterday? I can't tell you how excited I am to continue to get to work with this amazing group of designers--both "old" and "new". I'm still pinching myself and looking forward to a fantastic 2010 with MFT!

Now, then, are you ready?! Here they come, ready or not!!! Today is day one of My Favorite Things' January release teasers and BOY! Have we got some treats lined up for you over the next five days! THEN, on Wednesday night there's the release party and blog hop and shop! Talk about excitement!!

Today's teaser is one you may have seen before--until now, it was the October Kit set and available only in kit form, but as of Wednesday night at 10:00pm, you'll be able to get just the stamp set. It's called Thinking Of Hoo and is it ever a cutie! I decided to stamp my owl image on patterned paper. I told my DH he's a "spotted owl". All I got from him was an eye roll, but I think I'm allowed a little "creative license", LOL, what do you think!? He's paper pieced on a Cream Perfect Paper Panel along with the limb, which was colored with Copic markers, as were his feet and beak. My patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Earth Love and my card stock is Soft Suede (SU!). The ribbon was a little two "blue" so I swiped some ink on it to tone that down a bit and distressed the paper edges with ink as well.

I'm so glad you dropped in today! There's more goodness to be seen from the DT using this set--Kim will have everyone linked up on her blog by 11:00am EST so be sure to check them all out then. And, be sure and stop back here tomorrow for another sneaky peek :) Oh, and don't forget to put the release party and blog hop on your calendar: Wednesday, January 6--Release party 8-10pm, blog hop and shop begins at 10pm. Be there or be square ;-)

~Recipe~
Stamps: Thinking Of Hoo? (MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede (SU!); Earth Love 6 x 6 pad (Cosmo Cricket); Cream Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Groovy Guava (SU!); Vintage Touch in Chai (PTI)
Accessories: 3M foam squares (craft store); Copic markers; Aqua Mist ribbon, twine (PTI); button (stash); sewing machine


22 comments:

  1. I love that little owl, he is adorable!! Beautiful card Barb!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you know how my brain works but as I'm clicking on my blog blurb to be able to post a comment your blog header grabbed my attention... YOU HAVE A TREE AIR FRESHNER ON IT!!! OMG LMAO!!!! :) :) :)

    Barbara you TOTALLY crack me up!!!!

    PS I DO love the card!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's too cute!!! love him with these papers. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Barbara! Love the paper pieced owl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Gorgeous Barbara! I must get me some of that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! Fun card! I love the distressed look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your little spotted owl! He's ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, this is Adorable~~~ So darned cute!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I love your little spotted owl! Too, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute Cute Cuuuuute, Barb, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is SO gorgeous! I love the paper you chose and your paper piecing is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhhh your patterned owl is adorable, love it!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love, love this!!! The papers and layout are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute, Barbara! I love those papers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at that cute paper piecing! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh, I see we used the same paper line...perfect for this stamp set....your lil' owl is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bar, this card is OUTstanding! It has such a cool antiquey/vintage vibe to it. And I LOOOOUUURVE that spotted owl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable!! Love how you've used patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!