Sunday, February 28, 2010

Clearly Sentimental About You - My Favorite Things' Teaser Day Two

When I first saw this new Clearly Sentimental About You set from My Favorite Things, my thoughts immediately went to CAS because I wanted to showcase the sentiment and not hide it among a lot of layers. And you know I love me some layers. But, I am gaining appreciation for CAS in a big way, in case you hadn't noticed ;-) Since I needed something else to go along *with* the sentiment, I started looking through my stamp sets for something appropriate. This big ol' scrolly heart from Boho Blossoms seemed to be just the ticket! This would make a wonderful anniversary card, don't you think?!

I stamped the sentiment on a Kraft card base with Versafine Onyx Black ink. Then I stamped the heart image on bright pink card stock with black pigment ink and heat embossed with black detail embossing powder. After I cut it out, I popped it up on foam squares on a strip of black card stock with a punched border and some bright pink ribbon. A row of black buttons tied on with twine finished it off!

To see more DT offerings, be sure to hit Kim's blog at 11:00am today. She'll have links to everyone with something to share :) And don't forget: the release party is Wednesday night from 8:00pm to 10:00pm in the MFT Company Forum over at SCS. Then the Shop and Hop starts at 10:00pm. Don't miss it!

Oh, and did you know about the Guest Designer Challenge at My Favorite Things? Check it out here.

Thanks for stopping by today!! See you back tomorrow for another sneak!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About You (MFT)
Paper: Kraft, True Black, Raspberry Fizz (PTI)
Ink: Verasafine Onyx Black; Basic Black Craft Ink (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares (craft store); Raspberry Fizz grosgrain ribbon, Vintage Buttons, Rustic Twine (PTI); heat tool; border punch (EK Success)


16 comments:

  1. Simple and elegant! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! WOW! Barbara this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! More reason to love my BOHO set....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Bar! I love that scrolled heart from Boho. I just may have to CASE this in Dec for my anniversary. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply striking card Barb! Love how you've done the row of buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Barbara. I love the mix of pink, black and kraft. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how PRETTY is this! Love the CAS design and the buttons all along the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so beautiful and such a perfect card for someone you love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Barbara! Fantastic color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice post. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Barbara! Thanks once again for entering the Olympics of Stamping in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Bar! I love the pink and black with the kraft, and that heart is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!