Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Birthday Wishes - CTD #111

[If you're looking for my MFT VIP Blog Hop post, please scroll down to the next post. Thanks!]

Time for another Color Throwdown! Today Broni chose these colors to challenge us:


And these colors definitely were a challenge for me! Hmmm, I'm saying that a lot lately, LOL!

Luckily I found some Webster's Pages patterned paper in my stash that would work, and I'm loosely using Mojo Monday #157 for my layout. I did some stitching and distressing on the patterned paper layer, stamped a sentiment from Verve's Wishful Elegance set, cut/embossed it with a Labels Four Nestabilities die, and added some flat backed pearls. I wound some twine around on top of the lace and lastly added a Prima flower that I sponged with River Rock and Melon Mambo ink.

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD111 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!!!

Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter--Mindless Creativity
Laura Pryor - Lil' Inker Designs
Silke Ledlow - My Life

Thanks for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Wishful Elegance (Verve)
Paper: River Rock, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point (SU!)
Ink: Melon Mambo, River Rock (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Labels Four Nestabilities die (Spellbinders) lace (MFT);
twine (PTI); pearls (craft store); sewing machine; flower (Prima)

13 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! I adore that paper ~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo gorgeous, Barb! Love the flower with the lace trim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Barb! Love Webster's Pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful papers for these colors! Loving the Fillable Frames and your pretty ribbon! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you stitch so close to the edge of your paper! I would make SUCH a mess if I tried that! This turned out beautiful! LOVE that flower with the sponged edges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made these colors work beautifully together, Barbara! I just love those papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely, Barbara - vintage but fresh and alive at the same time. Keep it up, and thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, the DP is gorgeous...love your card!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card! I love the distressed edges and how they match with the distressed flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous, Barbara....that paper is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Using this paper was so clever! Gorgeous card! I totally need to case this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you turned this festive color palette into a vintage card! Your distressing of the pretty paper and that gorgeous flower are perfect together! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!