Thursday, October 14, 2010

CASE Study and Taylored Expressions

It's time for another CASE Study Challenge. Here's the card that was chosen to CASE this week:


I decided to use the colors for inspiration so this card is quite different from my original. The colors of the new card aren't as bright as on the original but they're all there.


I'm using a sentiment from one of my favorite Taylored Expressions sets - Faith & Hope for my focal image. I love all of the sentiments and verses in this set--they're wonderful when you want to send a little "thinking of you" card or to someone going through a rough time. Patterned paper is Basic Grey's Pyrus and would you belive the decorative brads are from Basic Grey's Ambrosia collection? They work perfectly with Pyrus! My layout is the Midnight Madness Sketch #75 and I decided to use some of the ton of Primas I have on hand, but the blue layers are punched from Blue Bayou card stock.

Be sure to check out what the awesome CASE Study design team did with my card--I can't wait to see!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Faith & Hope (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Rustic White, Smokey Shadow (PTI); More Mustard (SU!); Pyrus 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Basic Gray (SU!); Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Leaf Prints die (PTI); Labels 10 Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Prima flowers; brads (Basic Grey); flower punches (Marvy); leaf punch (Martha Stewart)


5 comments:

  1. I can clearly see the inspiration here, and I LOVE it! All these flowers make it a very yummy card :) Both cards are a hit, Barb! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been such a great inspiration to me! Your card is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just lovely! I feel inspired when I visit your blog!
    Hugs, Pat Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though the colours are the same the cards are both stunningly different! The flowers are just perfect, I love how you have layered the nesties!! It was a real pleasure to CASE this one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...