Thursday, October 07, 2010

I'm a CASE Study Muse!!

[Just a little heads up that I've added more stamp sets to my Stamps For Sale page. I've had a wonderful response so far and I have more that I'll get listed very soon! Thanks again to all who have bought sets!]

Yes! It's true!! I got an email from Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) several weeks ago asking me if I'd consider being the October Muse (Guest Designer) for her new challenge blog, CASE Study. I was immensely flattered to be asked, so of course I said YES! Chupa is so talented and she's gathered more talented designers together for her team. The weekly challenge has participants CASEing selected cards form the Muse's collection and the Muse gets to CASE herself. That definitely was a challenge for me--but then, it's kinda cool to have permission to CASE yourself, too ;-)

For my first week, Chupa chose this card to CASE:



It's one I really love so that made me very happy :) And here's my CASE of my card:



After much thought, I decided to go with a fall theme. I kept the same layout and base card stock, but changed the color combo, the border punch, the sentiment, the flower embellishment, and the stamped background images. I'm using PTI's Leaf Prints for the leaves and the sentiment is from First Fruits. I stamped the leaves on Rustic White card stock with Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, and Old Olive inks, using the Rock and Roll technique. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. That flower is one I got in a package of Primas and since it's kinda large I figured I'd never use it. But it's PERFECT for this, I'm thinkin'. I sponged all of the edges with PTI's Tea Dye Duo and the ribbon is a piece of Ripe Avocado that I had saved and was just the right length. Yay, me, LOL!

So, I hope lots of you will check out the CASE Study Challenge and play along--it will be so much fun to see everyone's take on my card!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Leaf Prints, First Fruits (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Rustic White, Terracotta Tile (PTI)
Ink: Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, and Old Olive (SU!); Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories/tools: border punch (Martha Stewart); Prima flower; Corner Chomper (We R Memory Makers); ribbon (PTI); foam tape (3M)

13 comments:

  1. Well, since I TOTALLY ADORE YOU... you know I clicked and am planning on playing along!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Barbara! I am so pleased that you have been chosen as this month's Case Muse, I love your cards and I am frequently inspired by them. I look forward to playing along at Case Study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I can see that i will HAVE to play along this week, because I'm continually inspired by your cards Barbara. LOVE both of these, but that fall one made me gasp. Simply incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Barbara! Your cards are great inspiration for us all, can't wait to see which ones are CASEd next - choosing from such a great array will be difficult!
    Jacki T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH!!! SO COOL! It's official, Chupa has GREAT TASTE!!! HA! Well, I have been meaning and meaning to play along at this challenge and NOW I'm going to make sure I do! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure you could improve on that pretty card-really love the fallish version!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure a muse!! I come to your blog for inspiration and I always leave happy! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful inspiration you're already providing Barbara! I simply adore your cards and am looking very forward to seeing what gorgeousness you have in store for us! I love the take you have on your own card, super fall colors and great deal on the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm crazily happy to have you with us, Barbara! I've been wanting to CASE so many cards of yours, and our blog does this wonderful thing, makes it all official and posssible, lol! I'm sure it's going to be an interesting experience for you, to see where the inspiration takes us and our players :) Have fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Barbara!!! They couldn't have picked a better Muse!! I love your case of yourself. That big orange flower is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have CASed yourself beautifully Barbara, I just love the colours you have chosen to use for this second one! I absolutely love having you as a Muse this month- your work is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, CONGRATULATIONS, Bar! What an honor ;] I HAVE to play along this weekend!! I LOVED casing you when you were the FS at SCS, and I already have a ton of ideas based on the gorgeous card Chupa selected! Both cards are fantastic, and I love the colors you chose on each! You KNOW I love the flowers...can't wait to whip up one with text paper ;]

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got it done Barbara!!! Just postin to let you know, but BOY HOWDY is it FUN to CASE your cards, all the beauty is provided I just gotta pull it off!!! LOL

    Luv ya!

    kj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...