Wednesday, December 01, 2010

MFT December Teaser, Day Five

Can you believe this is the last day of MFT's December teasers!? Tonight is the night--release party and then hop and shop!! Yeehaw!! Today we're previewing From the Bottom of My Heart WTG and Clearly Sentimental About Love (Triple Scoop set). I'm showing you Clearly Sentimental About Love, but first here are a few things you need to know:
  • The December Guest Designer winner will be announced at the release party.
  • Teasers end today. Be sure to check Kim's blog at 11:00am for links to designers previewing today. There will be a prize hidden on two of the Creative Team's blog posts. Leaving a comment on every designer's blog post will give you the best chance of winning :)
  • The November Hop and Shop will begin at 10:00pm TONIGHT, with the hop starting at Kim's Blog.
OK, got that? Good :) Now for my card. I decided to make a Valentine's Day card more on the masculine side. NOT that you can't give pink hearts to a guy for Valentine's Day, but I wanted to see if I could make some blues work.  


First, I stamped and die cut one of the border images from the new Textile Rectangle Die-namics Die and Stamp Set on Bashful Blue with Chocolate Chip ink. Then I stamped a sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Love on Fossil card stock, punched it out, and popped it up on the rectangle. I'm using the great sketch that's the Wednesday Stamp Club challenge today for my layout, and used a piece of wide twill from the Creme Cotton Twill Collection and some twine and a button from the Earth Girl Collection (out of stock) or that horizontal element.


Here's the inside, where I used a sentiment from From the Bottom Of My Heart WTG set and the new Hearts a Plenty Die-namics die set.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope to see you tonight at the release party and the hop!

This card is also for Color Throwdown #121. Get all the details here.

~Supplies~
Stamps: Textile Rectangle Die-namics Die and Stamp Set, Clearly Sentimental About Love, From the Bottom Of My Heart WTG (MFT)
Paper: Fossil MFT); Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue (SU!); Homeroom 8 x 8 pad (DCWV)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Textile Rectangle Die-namics Die and Stamp Set, Hearts a Plenty Die-namics dies, twill, button (MFT); Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); twine (PTI); oval punch (SU!)


21 comments:

  1. Very beautiful design! I love that this is a masculine Valentine. It works prefectly in these colors. Love your layout and details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous!! love the masculine-ness of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use these colors for a masculine card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great masculine Valentine card! Lovin' all the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice in the blue and brown. I can definitely see this as a valentine for my hubby...

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS masculine card Barbara! LOVE the layout and papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely made the blues work! Fantastic masculine card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an excellent masculine Valentine card! I love all of the layers,the wide twill and great button with linen thread!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so in love with brown and blue! As well as Brown and pink! Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the papers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, this is SO awesome!!! I love these colors!!!! Way to think outside the box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great masculine card! I am always thinking of new ways to make more male cards. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This worked out GREAT in those colors! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great colors and papers to create the perfect masculine love card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card! I love how you mixed the paper patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, this is gorgeous and a great masculine card! I love the patterned hearts on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the houndstooth border on the diecut and the diamond paper...the mix of patterns looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a clever looking card! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...