Thursday, December 16, 2010

MFT Dies - Not Just For Cards

I may have mentioned that I'm crazy about Christmas. Once. Or twice. So, I put up lots of trees each year and my DH and I have an open house for friends and neighbors. I needed more ornaments for a red and black themed tree and I couldn't find what I wanted. That's never stopped me and it didn't stop me this time :) I simply bought some red matte finished glass balls and added some black snowflakes cut with my Snowflake Trio Die-namics dies and glued them on. I tried several adhesives before I found that SU! Two Way Glue worked the best. I made 12 of these (yeah, that's a whole lotta die cuts to glue on, LOL), but if I was only making one or two, I would seriously bling this baby up!



Next up, one of my trees is an anniversary tree. I have an ornament dated with each year that my DH and I have been married (just celebrated 41) and each year I make an ornament on which I put the number of years. This is this year's ornament. I used the Dainty Doily Die-namics die for the base layer and worked up from there. I did the numbers using the Bling 'Bers cut file and blinged it up! I also use those gold paper frames that you find in the wedding section at craft stores for ornaments. In them I put a piece of paper on which I've typed several important events of the year. It's so interesting to read these and get a small glimpse of history. Since this ornament will only be used one year, I didn't go too overboard with it ;-)



I have one more ornament that I made with an MFT Die-namics die but that's in my Dirty Dozen Gallery--you can see that if you're a member of the SCS fan club and if you're not, now's the perfect time to join!Get the deets here!

OK, that's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope everyone is getting their Christmas preparations under control :)

~Supplies~
Stamps: None
Paper: Black Licorice, Whip Cream (MFT); gold metallic (SU!)
Ink: None
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Snowflake Trio and Decorative Doily Die-namics dies, Bling 'Ber cut file (MFT); Classic Scalloped Circle Nestabilities die (Spellbinders); 2 way glue pen (SU!); gold flat back beads, red glass ball ornaments, ribbon (craft store)


8 comments:

  1. I love both of the ornaments Barb. I had never seen those Blingber cut files before. I have that set and I am going to go right over and download it. Thanks so much for the idea. Wow, 41 years. I thought 30 was a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, Barbara! I LOVE that ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ideas Barb!!! The ornaments look awesome!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally gorgeous, Barbara! It really looks expensive and store bought. Awesome creation. Did you use velvet or what? The second ornament is too cute. Love how you used the gold pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the red with the black snowflakes, and what a wonderful idea to do the anniversary ornaments! Wish I'd thought of that 20+ years ago! LOL Now I wish I could see some PICTURES of all those trees! What are ya'... too BUSY or something???

    ReplyDelete
  6. That red ornament is stunning!! What is the black? Felt? Paper? Fabric? It is beautiful and I bet your tree looked gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...