Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Flowers, your way - FTTC #99


It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC99)! I'm your challenge host today and I'm challenging you to use flowers! In the mist of all the cold temps and snowy conditions in many parts of the world, we are going to brighten and warm things up a bit with some flowers! Just add any kind any style of flowers to your card or projects this week! We would love to see what you create!  

 I simply adore the new Webster's Pages paper called Hollywood Vogue, and that's where I got my inspiration for the colors for this card. So soft and vintage. 

My layout is this week's SFYTT--even thought I'm not a fan of square cards, I needed the space to do what I wanted with this set. I stamped the tulip from the Thank You set (currently out of stock) on Classic Ivory card stock and colored with Copic markers, then cut it out. The sentiment was stamped on more Classic Ivory and cut out with deckle edged scissors--man, it's been a while since I used them but they gave me just the look I wanted. And I decided to tilt that element a bit. All edges are sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I added a little lace to the bottom element and decided to use some twine instead of ribbon.

Now, be sure to go see what my team mates did with this challenge! And just a heads up: next week we'll be celebrating our 100th challenge and we have a fun celebration planned!
Thanks for stopping by!
 
~Supplies~
Stamps: Thank You (Flourishes)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black (SU!); Hollywood Vogue (Webster's Pages)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: scallop punch (SU!); deckle edged scissors (Marvy); Copic markers; twine (PTI); lace (craft store); sewing machine


8 comments:

  1. Sooooo pretty!!! Your coloring and those DPs are absolutely stunning Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice! I love your simple layout and your flowers coloring :)
    beautiful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, you had me at the Thank You set...one of my Flourishes favs! Then, to combine it with the Webster's Pages.....FABULOUS! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply BEAUTIFUL Barb! I love this Set too! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tulip and I adore the houndstooth. Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, super gorgeous card! :D

    ♥Tracey♥...ƸӜƷ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Barbara! Love those Hollywood Vogue papers, too. Great job with the SFYTT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...