Flourishes has some real lovelies for you this month--you will flip over these gorgeous sets!!! The first one we're previewing is Orchids!! Oh, my, goodness, this set is out of this world, folks!
When I started researching orchids for this card, I had no idea there were so many vibrantly YELLOW orchids. Did you? I wanted to do this one in yellow but only if it was accurate, KWIM? So, I was happy to find yellow orchids in every size and shape :)
I stamped my image on Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers. Then I did some ticket corner punching on the corners and layered it with yellow and turquoise card stock. I have some patterned paper on there, too, but it's mostly covered up and is barely peeking out.
I thought this gorgeous image called for a luxurious bow to compliment it and a little bling (colored with a Copic marker) to accent the sentiment, which is also from the set. The sentiment oval and mat were cut out with my Grand Calibur and Petite Oval Nestabilities dies and popped up on foam tape.
Here are some other things you might want to know:
- Flourishes' Spring Is Sprung Challenge is in full swing! You could win Flourishes' ENTIRE April release! Check it out HERE.
- Join our DT for some chatter, fun, games and prizes! Our Power Hour Release Party starts tomorrow night, April 14th at 9 PM Central time! You'll find the party at the Flourishes' Member Company Forum on SCS! New sets will be available for purchase after the party!
- Save a BUNDLE with Flourishes new release bundle! Purchase the entire release for 10% off! You can check it out HERE!
- You can win this set by leaving a comment on the Orchids post on the Flourishes blog.
- All winners with be announced in the Winner's Circle post on the Flourishes blog at 12 noon CST on Saturday, April 16th.
- Pre-order for March releases is now open! Get all the information HERE!
Now, be sure to hop around and see what the rest of the Flourishes team has for you using this set! I have it on good authority that they're going to WOW you :)
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Danielle Kennedy
- Dawn Burnworth
- Jan Marie Caruso
- Julie Koerber - D T Coordinator
- Leslie Miller
- Stacy Morgan
Here are the Copic markers I used.
This card is also for Color Throwdown #137. You can get all the details at the Color Throwdown blog.
Thanks SO much for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with a preview of another fabulous set that you'll definitely want in your collection.
Stamps: Orchids (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Citrus Mat Stack (dCWV)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Grand Calibur, Petite Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); bling; ribbon; Copic markers