Friday, August 19, 2011

Flouishes Friday - Wild For Watermelon



Good morning!! For today's Flourishes Friday card I'm using one of the newest releases, Wild For Watermelon. It's another fabulous set by artist Marcella Hawley--I tell ya, she is da bomb when it comes to botanicals. 

So, for some reason, my DH and I have been craving watermelon this summer--maybe it's because it's been SO hot and dry around here? I dunno, but we've been getting some really good ones and thoroughly enjoying them. Early on, I remembered the watermelon rind pickles my mother used to make and decided to try a batch for myself. Soooooo, I did and they're everything I remembered, YUM! I decided a gift set with a jar of these pickles would be awesome!!

I stamped the image on Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with the Poppy Collection, the New Leaves Collection, and the Fields Collection Copic markers. Then I cut it out with my Grand Calibur machine and my Labels Eighteen Nestabiliies.


And here's what I put on the top of the jar. Cute, huh??


Don't forget, today is the last day you can take advantage of the New Release Bundle, which gets you 10% off all the latest release sets.

OK, that's all I have for you today, but be sure to check out what the rest of the Senior Design Team has to show you.



  • Barbara Anders (you are here!
  • Christine Okken
  • Cindy Lawrence
  • Danielle Kennedy
  • Julie Koerber
  • Leslie Miller
  • Stacy Morgan
  • Tammy Hershberger

  • Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ~Supplies~
    Stamps: Wild for Watermelon (Flourishes)
    Paper: Classic White, Classic Cream (Flourishes); Basic Black (SU!); Watermelon Gazpacho 6 x 6 pad (Jillibean Soup)
    Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
    Accessories/tools: Grand Calibur, Labels Eighteen Nestabilies (Spellbinder); black flat back beads, ribbon, button, twine, Copic markers



    9 comments:

    1. What an adorable card - love the watermelon with this cute paper! Great layout too!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Watermelon rind pickles?? You folks in the south come up with the craziest things!!! LOL! I bet if I tasted one, I might be a convert. Darling creation Bar -- the papers are cute and punchy and your layout is just perfect!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love the vibrant colors on your card! Makes one want to have some of those watermelon slices. Very nicely done!

      ReplyDelete
    4. verry bautiful loveley colours!!
      xx petra

      ReplyDelete
    5. lovely card. love the watermelon set.

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is awesome! And so fun and vibrant (such perfect paper too lady!) ...and my mom-in-law had pickled watermelon too...so I totally know what you're talking about. Awesome!

      ReplyDelete
    7. OMGosh, the card and coloring is FABULOUS! LOVE what you did on the jar lid, too! GREAT added detail!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Wow! So cute! I can't believe you have such perfect paper, too. I have to tell you I thought the jar lid was another card at first. I've heard of watermelon rind pickles, but never tasted them. I'll bet they're good! What a great gift set, Bar!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!