Friday, September 30, 2011

Medallion Motif - Flourishes Free For All Friday

In honor of World Card Making Day on Saturday, October 1st, we're kicking things off one day early in a wild and wacky fashion! Have we got a challenge for you! It's all about that inner kid and why we love card making in general - we get to be creative! So, think like a kid and share your favorite animated character. Find a picture of that character and then, be inspired by the colors for one fun-filled color challenge! We'll take entries through next Thursday, October 6th at 5PM EST. The winner of this challenge gets a fun-filled prize pack with 5 Flourishes stamp sets of our choice. Once you're done with your creation, simply link up on the Flourishes Blog using our Inlinkz widget. If you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword FLLCWCMD11. Th-th-tha-that's all folks!

How fun is this?!! I grew up with Mickey so I just had to pick him, right? Here's the graphic I'm using for my inspiration.


 I love black, white, and red together so this was perfect for me.


I'm using the recently released Medallion Motif set. I really love this set--so many possibilities with this classic design--it even works for a cartoon character ;-) And, since Mickey's a guy, this card could very easily work as a masculine card, don't you think?

I stamped the medallion image off center towards the top on Classic White card stock with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I love the crisp image you get with Versafine. Then I stamped the dotted circle on some red card stock for the center, and popped up the sentiment on more Classic White. I matted this with more red, then black, and tied some sweet red and black gingham around in a bow. Finally, I added some black flat backed beads to the right lower corner for balance.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Flourishes Senior Design Team has to show you today.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Medallion Motif (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Real Red, Basic Black (SU!)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Grand Calibur, Standard Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); ribbon, flat back beads, foam tape


17 comments:

  1. That medallion is gorgeous, love the card and Mickey is a wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card. The medallion is very elegant and yet simple all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, I swear, everything you touch is golden, and this is one of those gorgeous cards! I agree, there are never enough masculine cards, and this one is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooOooooo... Love this clean and crisp design Miss Bar! This is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beautiful Barb. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Barbara, and yes the colors are great together and would make a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a great card from some difficult colors! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo loving this medallion, your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Classy feeling, I like just half the medallion stamped also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect for the challenge. I love this. Your ribbon is just the right match. Great job Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cas card! Love the plaid ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Who isn't inspired by Mickey!!! Love card and the classic color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would be my color choice, too. The set you chose is perfect for it. Great CAS card, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card...love the elegance of the colors!! Can't believe it was Mickey inspired!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Mickey inspired card! I love the medallion.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SO perfectly paired with Mickey's colors.... beautiful card, Bar!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...