Friday, October 07, 2011

Heavy Metal - Flourishes Pre-Release Challenge

Are you ready for Flourishes' Pre-Release Challenge! Yep, that's right, Flourishes' October release is just around the corner, and I'll give you a little hint--you're gonna be WOWed with what we've got to show you this month!



This month's Pre-Release Challenge is all about precious metals. Silver, gold, copper or bronze, whichever metal you pick, just make it take center stage on your card or creation! FLLCOCT11. Deadline is October 14th at 5 PM Eastern.



Since I'm in an Autumn frame of mind, I chose to use the Falling Leaves stamp set for my card. I positioned a selection of leaves on my card stock the way I wanted them, then carefully lowered my acrylic block on top of the stamps so I'd preserve my placement. Then I inked up the stamps with Versamark, stamped, and heat embossed with fine detail copper embossing powder. Then I stamped the sentiment and added the green flat back pearls--I just colored some white pearls with a Copic marker--for balance. I'm using this copper metallic paper and the border was cut with my Grand Calibur and my Classic Scallop Edgeabilities. I'm using THIS ribbon.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you today!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you giving this challenge a whirl!!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Falling Leaves (Flourishes)
Paper: Kraft (SU!); Metallic Copper (Flourishes)
Ink: Versamark; Soft Suede (SU!)
Accessories/tools: Grand Calibur, Classic Scallop Edgeabilities (Spellbinder); pearls, ribbon, fine detail copper embossing powder, heat tool



16 comments:

  1. What a stunning fall card! I know the picture doesn't do this beauty justice! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card with all the different falling leaves. The copper embossing is gorgeous. Love that ribbon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love this set and have not used it in so long. Your copper is very pretty. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the copper.... very gorgeous! And the green pearls add a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fall card. Love the copper details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a beautiful stunning card, Barb! I am so awestruck by your beautiful cards!! I love visiting your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The copper leaves are so subtle and pretty Bar...very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool barbara, great embossing and these leaves look so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. subtle and so pretty. Love the copper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the copper embossing, and the ribbon looks fabulous with it! Wonderful Fall card. Looks like it didn't take forever but it's got everything going for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty!! Love the copper and the leaves look beautiful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, those leaves in copper are really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an elegant card! I love all the copper in there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an elegant card! I love all the copper in there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...