Monday, October 10, 2011

Hope You Can Cling To - Bosom Buddies


Happy Monday! On this Monday, I'm so honored to be making a sample for my bestie, Tammy Hershberger. Tammy is hosting a challenge today over at Splitcoast Stampers for their month long Breast Cancer Awareness event. You can see all the challenges HERE.

Here's Tammy's challenge in her own words:

"Being the daughter of a breast cancer survivor (Hooray for my Mom, an 18+ year survivor!) she often reminds me (NAGS me!) about getting my mammograms on time! And although I couldn't find any specific program in a Google search, I have always heard about the idea that you should have a good friend who is your reminder'er.... someone who makes sure you get your mammogram done, and you remind her, too! Someone who reminds you to do your monthly checks, and vice versa. So for my challenge today, I just want us to focus on friendship and this dreaded disease that unfortunately strikes way too many! Make a card that incorporates pink and ribbon, with a friendship theme!"

First of all, HOORAY FOR TAMMY'S MOM!!!! What a wonderful milestone for her!! And HOORAY for all of the women (and men) who have beaten this horrible disease! 

And next, here's my card. I chose to work with one of MFT's latest releases, Who's That Girl Chooses Hope. What better way to show that we're all in this together and the role friendship plays in keeping healthy. The sentiment is from an older, but no less meaningful MFT set, Think Pink.


And, on the inside, a little bit humorous sentiment that brings a smile to your face about an otherwise deadly serious subject. This sentiment is from MFT's Twisted Too

OK, so I think I've covered all the challenge points: friendship: check, pink: check, and ribbon: check.





So, be sure to hop on over to SCS and join in on the challenge! There's fun and prizes to be had!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Who's That Girl Chooses Hope, Think Pink, Twisted Too (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice; Breast Cancer Awareness paper (MAMBI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Open Scallop Doily & Notched Tag Die-namics (MFT); button, baker's twine, seam binding, Copic markers, sewing machine




1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...