Monday, October 10, 2011

MFT Creative Challenge




In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, we're going to "be negative."   Our designers will show you what you can do with the negative space after you cut out your Die-namics, or the other half of patterned paper, cardstock or felt that is leftover when you're done with your Die-namics! Visit Kim's Blog to see exactly what we've been up to, you'll find a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!



I decided to "pretty up" a coffee bag that already had a cellophane window.You know, the Kraft kind like this?



So first, I cut my patterned paper and some contrasting card stock for the front.


Then I carefully measured where the existing window was and placed my You Move Me Die-namics die in place. I secured it with my never-far-from-my-side removable tape...


...and cut it out. I used my Quickie Glue Pen to adhere the patterned paper to the card stock all around the edges of the negative space--just so it would be neat and not gap anywhere  once I adhered it to the bag.



Next I adhered it to the front of the bag. Easy and, even though you can't go wrong with Kraft, this dresses it up a bit for holiday giving.



I used the die cuts to embellish a tag to go along with the bag--you know, waste not, want not? :) I thought this would be perfect for holiday cookies--too bad I don't have some Christmas cookies to go in the bag, but the red shredded paper will have to do for now :) I used the new Bon Appetit Die-namics and Stamp Set to dress up the tag made, of course, with the Tag, You're It Die-namics die, along with some sweet red gingham ribbon.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Bon Appetit Die-namics and Stamp Set (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Black Licorice; Christmas Emporium (Graphic 45)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Tag, You're It, Bon Appetit, and You Move Me Die-namics (MFT); twine, ribbon, coffee bag



6 comments:

  1. So very cool, Barbara. Just add cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun idea ... haven't seen these type of bags before

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to change the shape of the window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect way to jazz up a plain bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea!!! I have a few of these bags I want to dress up for gifts this year, and was kind of stumped - you have totally inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...