Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Sending Hugs, Kisses, and Get Well Wishes - CTD #162

Are you ready for some Color Throwdown? Today's host is Tammy and she chose some sweet colors, inspired by MME Lost & Found Paris & Co. paper collection. 
Here's my card, using MFT's adorable new PI - Girl Doctor. Wouldn't she make anyone feel better?


My brown is showing up like black, but I promise it's Early Espresso. And I didn't have any Creamy Caramel so I substituted River Rock. I colored the little cutie with Copic markers and then cut her out, framing her with the First Class Friend Die-namics die cut. The sentiment was stamped on the new Oval Tab Die-namics die cut and tucked up under the edge of the frame. I also used the new Postage Stamp Edge Die-namics die for the horizontal element. Some seam binding, a button, some twine, and some stick pins finish it off.

Here's the inside with another sentiment and the sweet little doctor again.




 
OK, that’s it for me today. Oh, wait, maybe there is something else I wanted to tell you. Oh, yes, now I remember...we've added some AMAZING new talent to the CTD team. Starting today, Joan Ervin of Stamping With a Passion, Keva Brown of How Now Brown Kow, Lori Tecler of Inking Aloud, Lynn Put of The Queen's Scene, and Wanda Cullen of Cullen-ary Creations have all joined our team. We are so excited to have them creating with us and we know they will inspire you as they inspire us. Be sure to give them some love today and a big ol' Color Throwdown welcome!!

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD162 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our also totally AMAZING October Guest Designer, Amy Sheffer of Pickled Paper Designs!! 


Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back later with this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge!

~Supplies~
Stamps: PI - Girl Doctor (MFT)
Paper: Early Espresso, River Rock, Pool Party (SU!); Lost & Found Paris & Co. (MME)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Oval Tab and First Class Friend Die-namics dies (MFT); seam binding, button, twine, sewing machine, Copic markers; stick pins



12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the warm welcome Barb! Your card is gorgeous, I love all of the wonderful layers, seam binding bow and pretty pins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is simply GORGEOUS and your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the great layout of this card, Barbara, and I love that there's a girl doctor (instead of a nurse, for a change)! Also love that beautiful bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As cutely and perfectly done as always! A treat for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the master of combining great details! LOVE this card and love the way you angled the postage frame! Thanks again for inviting me to the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, Barb....the little PI girl is absolutely adorable and what gorgeous coloring!!!! Awesome layout and details, too!!! Thanks for the wonderful welcome...I am really excited to be stamping with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little doctor girl is aDORable!!! LOVE her blue coat, perfectly colored! She brightens up those papers, for sure! LOVE the postage frame around her, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barb, This is really very pretty. I was just looking at the stamp set die you used to frame the image. I can't see the size of of the dies that come with in the set. If you get a chance could you let me know what it is or tell me were to find it. It isn't in the description on the web sight. I love how you used it to frame your image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's adorable!! Love your amazing coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is DARLING Bar! LOVE how you framed her and the colors are STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! Love how you framed the image. Thanks so much for the warm welcome--I'm so excited to be joining the team!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...