Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Funny thing about life–MFTWSC #128

MFTWSC128_2013jun12


Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFTWSC128

I decided to go kinda vintage-y with this card. I started with a Natural card stock base and added a Paver Red card stock layer, then, following the sketch, some patterned paper and some stitching. The focal panel ended up being a sentiment—LOVE these DC Vertical Greetings II for that. I’m using Die-namics Vertical Greetings Die Only for my die cut—it’s the first one I came to and they work interchangeably so it’s all good. So, I stamped the sentiment with Kraft ink and popped it up on foam. Then, for the bottom tab element, I simply tied some hemp cord on some Paver Red buttons and adhered them to the bottom of the die cut. To finish it off, I added a Die-namics Royal Rose with some Die-namics Royal Leaves, Everything was sponged with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink and it was done.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:


MFTWSC128_2013jun12in

Thanks so VERY much for stopping by today!





~Supplies~
Stamps:
DC Vertical Greetings II (MFT)
Paper:
Natural card stock, Paver Red card stock (MFT); Now and Then (Teresa Collins)
Ink:
Kraft ink (MFT); Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond:
Die-namics Vertical Greetings Die Only, Die-namics Royal Rose, Die-namics Royal Leaves, hemp cord, Paver Red buttons (MFT); foam tape, sewing machine, hot glue/gun


brownwendysignature

2 comments:

  1. Great card, outside and inside. Like your vintage-looking papers w/the neutral tones and your distress inking. Nice rose, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...