Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Hugs–MFT Academy: Paper Piecing

AcademyPPsimple_2013may23

Hi, everyone! Today I’m sharing one of my samples from my MFT Academy post on Paper Piecing. You can see the whole tutorial at the MFT Blog.

For this card I’m using
PI – Birthday Girl. I stamped her on my fave Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her with Copic markers. Except her dress and the balloon, which I paper pieced. To finish it off, I tied around some hemp cord and then tied on a Tangy Orange button, then stamped the sentiment on a Die-namics Notched Tag Die Only and slipped it up under the button.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:


AcademyPPsimple_2013may23in


And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by today!





~Supplies~
Stamps:
PI – Birthday Girl (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Tangy Orange card stock (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb; Stella & Rose - Mabel (MME)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT); Memento Tuxedo Black; Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond:
Die-namics Notched Tag Die Only, Tangy Orange button, hemp cord (MFT);



brownwendysignature

1 comment:

  1. That was such a great tutorial on paper piecing, Barbara!! I have it bookmarked on my phone for when I'm working & can pull it up for reference. I always did the part where I ran the marker around the edge, but some of your other tips & tricks were new to me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...