Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Shine Brightly–CTD #245

CTD245_2013jun5


Hey here, everyone! It’s that colorful time of the week again—Color Throwdown! This week’s colors were chosen by my bestie, Tammy. I had tons of fun with this combo and hope you will, too!


swatch 245

While tossing some design ideas around in my head for this card, I was looking at some sketches for inspiration and hit one that took me in this direction eventually ;-) You know how *that* goes, right? First I was going to cut the stars from card stock and knew I wanted to use this sentiment from LJD On the Line. So then I thought, “see if you have glitter paper in these colors”. Well, I did, or close enough :) So, I stamped the sentiment on Sweet Tooth card stock with Black Licorice ink and started applying the stars. The two larger ones were cut with Die-namics Star STAX, but the smaller one was done with the small star from Die-namics LLD Accent It - Rock and Roll. Then I added some clear jewels here and there and it was done!

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

CTD245_2013jun5in

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD245 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our June Guest Designer, Wanda Guess!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger – on break this month
Wanda Cullen
Wanda Guess – June Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!








~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD On the Line (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT); glitter paper
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Die-namics LLD Accent It – Rock and Roll,
 Die-namics Star STAX, (MFT); clear gems, foam tape


brownwendysignature

8 comments:

  1. Bright & happy -- just the way I like 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo fabulous and happy! I love those sparkly stars! I'm so happy to be stamping with you guys this month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sparkly stars look fabulous, Bar...love this happy card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too fun! Love all the sparkly stars--and the sentiment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun design! Love the sparkle and bling on this starry beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore those great sparkly stars! Awesome use of the glitter and colors, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looooove all the sparkle! So fun. The inside is cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I featured your card over at the Stashbusters challenge thread on Two Peas. Thanks for the inspiration!

    http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&forum_id=10&thread_id=3240815

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...