Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Best Is Yet To Come–CTD #248

CTD248_2013jun26

Hey, there! It’s Wednesday so it’s time for Color Throwdown! Today sweet Broni has a sweet color combo for us:


swatch 248
I was in need of an anniversary card so I went all mushy with this design :) First, I stamped a Kraft card stock card base with the herringbone design from LJD Spring Backgrounds and Versamark ink. Then I cut out Die-namics MPD Rose Bouquet from Primitive White card stock and stamped the rose with Pink Lemonade ink. To get the contrast I simply stamped with the same color and the second stamp. I used Berrylicious ink for the leaves and stem and adhered them to a Primitive White card stock panel that was matted with Berrylicious card stock. The sentiment was stamped on a Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX die cut—to get the two fishtail ends, I rolled my die cutting machine almost all the way to the end, turned the die around and rolled it back, again avoiding the already-cut fishtail end. Then I stamped the sentiment, from Clearly Sentimental About Anniversaries, and scored and folded the ends, popping it up on foam. To finish off the card, I dotted some iridescent sequins here and there.

Here’s the inside, with another sentiment from the set:

CTD248_2013jun26in 

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD248 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Wanda Guess – June Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today!








~Supplies~
Stamps:
MPD Blooming Roses, Clearly Sentimental About Anniversaries, LJD Spring Backgrounds (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Primitive White card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Pink Lemonade ink, Berrylicious ink, Black Licorice ink (MFT); Versamark
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics MPD Rose Bouquet, Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX (MFT); foam tape, sequins

brownwendysignature

6 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful soft pastel rose and the sprinkling of sequins, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO pretty Barbara! Sweet and soft and so feminine. Love the sequins...I haven't tried those yet and you've inspired me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Simple design yet so striking! Love the sequin detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Bar! So elegant with your pretty rose image and banner with the sprinkling of sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the sequin accents.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...