Saturday, June 15, 2013

You Color My World–C4C #190

C4C190_2013jun15

Hi, there Crazy 4 Challenges fans!! Since today is the third Saturday, it’s sketch day and Kristine has a really fun sketch for us to play with.

 

C4C190 Sketch

 

I decided early on that I wanted to use the splatters from Abstract Art in some way, along with the sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About You. That decided, I went with a lot of white otherwise. I used a Sweet Tooth card stock base and lots of layers, including some white corrugated paper to add some texture. I used Die-namics Artist Palette & Brush for my focal element, and used a rainbow of MFT colors for my paint dabs: Wild Cherry card stock, Tangy Orange card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Sour Apple card stock, and Berrylicious card stock. I used SU Almost Amethyst for the indigo dab. For the splatters, I used the corresponding inks in all cases. Lots of dimension was achieved with foam tape and I colored the brush with Copic markers, adding some silver ball point pen for the ferrule. I used a Die-namics Simply Scallops, Medium at the bottom and the sentiment was stamped on a Die-namics Airplane Greetings Die Only flag and popped up on foam.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About You:


C4C190_2013jun15in


And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C190.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!







~Supplies~
Stamps: Abstract Art,
Clearly Sentimental About You (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Tangy Orange card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Sour Apple card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Grapesicle card stock (MFT); Almost Amethyst (SU!)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Wild Cherry ink, Orange Fizz ink, Lemon Drop ink, Sour Apple ink, Berrylicious ink, Grapesicle ink (MFT); Almost Amethyst (SU!)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Artist Palette & Brush, Die-namics Simply Scallops, Medium, Die-namics Airplane Greetings Die Only (MFT); foam tape, clear gems, Copic markers


brownwendysignature

3 comments:

  1. Love all the white with the splotches of color

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the theme.....and the unique use of the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...