Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spoil Yourself Today–C4C #229

C4C229_2014mar29


Hi, everyone! It’s Crazy 4 Challenges time! Today Kelli Jo is challenging us to add some kind of “trick” to our cards or projects. In her words: HA!  April Fools is right around the corner... let's create a card/project that has a trick in it... Pocket card, slider, magic card... you know, it has SOMETHING to give the receiver a OOOOO moment!!!! :)”

I’m not sure I followed the spirit of the challenge, but I’m not a “trick” kind of girl, LOL! I like to keep my cards simple but I did add a gift card pocket so I “sort of” got it, LOL! I’m thinking it’ll create that OOOOOOOOOO moment just fine ;-)


I started with a Kraft card stock base, then added a Sweet Tooth card stock layer that I embossed with Modern Morocco Die-namics. I popped that up on foam, then added three strips of color, using Blu Raspberry card stock, Orange Fizz card stock, and Steel Gray card stock. I cut those pieces with Chalkboard Frame Builder Die-namics and adhered them just as they were cut—they fit perfectly and made perfect cuts—LOVE!! Then I created a pocket, using Gift Card Pocket – Vertical Die-namics, cut from Sweet Tooth card stock and stamped with a sentiment from Gift Card Greetings using Orange Fizz ink and Steel Gray ink. I lined the inside with some Blu Raspberry card stock stamped with Sweet Tooth pigment ink using DC Large Scale Backgrounds.

To finish it off, I added a vellum flower made with Pretty Posies Die-namics and Royal Leaves Die-namics with an orange enamel dot for the center. A small Kraft card stock flag graces the top of the pocket, cut from Blueprints 12 Die-namics.

The inside has a sentiment from
LJD Birthday Greetings.

C4C228_2014mar22in

And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our fabulous guest designer for March, Jeanne Streiff.

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C2289.


1CAS Supplies2







~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Birthday Greetings, DC Large Scale Backgrounds, Gift Card Greetings (MFT)
Ink:
Orange Fizz ink, Steel Gray ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock, Orange Fizz card stock, Steel Gray card stock (MFT); vellum
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 12 Die-namics, Gift Card Pocket – Vertical Die-namics, Chalkboard Frame Builder Die-namics, Pretty Posies Die-namics, Royal Leaves Die-namics, Modern Morocco Die-namics (MFT); enamel dot, foam tape

1CAS Signature2

1 comment:

  1. I would go 'ooooo' when I opened the pocket to find a gift card so this is perfect for the challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...